After level 70...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Flynn, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Flynn New Member

Where do you go? All of my characters get stuck at this point. The farm in DSH is camped 24/7 on my server, and in the past I quit playing when 70 was the actual cap, so I have very little experience in where to level.

I could box characters too if there's a good spot that's a bit too hard for a solo player at 70, or just requires more than 1 character in general.
  2. Yther Augur

The following 2 threads might be helpful:
    Where to Level 65+
    65-70 XP especially for Mage

There are so many places to go, that's it's hard to say. Riftseeker's Sanctum is a really good spot for several levels (69+ to enter).

Depends on class too. Like I didn't emphasize how great LP undead are for Clr, Pal, and Nec in the mid 70s to low 80s. Hills of Shade also great 80+.

Yther Ore.
  3. Borek-VS Augur

As above, also...

Some popular spots for low 70s include: Plane of Fire, Splitpaw, Bastion of Thunder, Wall of Slaughter - as well as Dragonscale Hills, not just the farm, although it is good for small groups. Hero's Journey would send you to The Buried Sea for the hand quest series, which is fun.

RSS and Ruins of Illsalin are better for mid to high 70s.
  4. Wyntyr Journeyman

There also a Zone Guide button in your maps window that you can use to find all level appropriate area if you like to explore.
  5. Nylrem Augur

Katta. I like the greenhouse area, but there are several areas with enough mobs. The elementals are level 70-72 ish, and have very fast repops, is quite nice.
  6. Sophia Lorekeeper

I just wanted to quote this for emphasis. DSH is a great zone with varied and plentiful mobs, and as a bonus the trash drops vendor quite well It's just overshadowed by the efficiency of the farm, but then most other things at that level are.
  7. Koutarou Elder

All SoF zones have extremely good vendor trash, not just DSH. Too good to be honest, you can make 20k+ in an hour in some of them just off trash.
  8. Sleppen Augur

I'm right at your level range. I paused at 70 to accumulate AAs, then leveled to 72. I'm currently level 72 (two boxing) with 1050ish AAs.

I have been doing the following:

1. Vergalid Mines (trash at the elevator to get the shard drop, plus a bunch of alligators and turtles for the HJ quest series). Eventually, I'll move to the deeper areas. This might be a tough zone to solo or molo (except for the bottom of the elevator), because there aren't a lot of safe camp sites.

2. The Buried Sea HJ series (Borek mentioned this). Jardel's Hook is good XP because all of the quests are repeatable, much like the farm in Dragonscale Hills. You can repeat four of the quests as you kill pirates (kill 8 pirates, collect 5 IOUs, collect 4 cutlasses, collect 10 bottles of rum). Even if you aren't messing with the skeletal hand quest, you can rack up a lot of AAs from quest XP. Many of the pirates were yellow and red to me at 72, but I was able to handle two at a time with ease and sometimes as many as four. (This is with a beastlord tanking with a druid, a merc cleric, and a merc wizard, with Guild Lobby buffs.)

3. I've dabbled in Direwind, but haven't spent a lot of time there yet. There appear to be a lot of good camps there, but I've been letting the HJ quests guide me.

4. I've done some time in Dragonscale Hills, but frankly I think it's overrated. The farm bores me. The XP is quite good, but not enough to make up for the boredom. I found the clockworks to be more fun. The biggest turnoff for me was that DSH is the default zone for a lot of people. I see people killing mobs that must be light blue at their level, just because they don't know any place else to go. I don't want to be the guy who runs around DSH at level 80 (or higher) killing every mob in sight.