After-Era Epics

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accipiter, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Howdy,

I've done most if not all of the epic 1 and 2 fights but it's been years on most of them. I know some epics are useful virtually forever (cleric 1.0 and 2.0) and many are viable for a long time (shaman 2.0?).

I recently finished my cleric epic 1.0 on Phinigel. I expected the final fight to be a challenge but it was ridiculously easy and that got me thinking about what other epics I should do. My crew is strictly group-geared (OOW Tier 1 and RSS gear for the most part with 300-700 AAs) and I don't raid so I can't do epics in-era.

So my question is this: For which of the following classes should I do epic 1.0?

Cleric (done)
    SK
    Enchanter
    Shaman
    Bard
    Monk
    Mage
    Wizard

Some epic 1.0 might be worthless now but still worth doing for the 2.0 later on. Or would you just do 1.5s?

Thanks for whatever feedback you can give.
  2. Machentoo Augur

A lot of 1.5's can be done in era with your group, and some of the 2.0's as well minus the anguish orb. Guilds are mostly at the point where anguish orbs are rotting so I would not be surprised if you could pick one up cheap and finish off some 2.0's in era.

For 1.0, not going to go through your whole list, but I'd just compare the 1.0 to the 1.5 prequest and see which is harder. Often the classes that have hard 1.0's have very easy 1.5 prequests.
  3. malaki Augur

Unless you're doing it for nostalgia or whatever many of the 1.5 prequests are much easier than the 1.0s, it varies class by class obviously. Bard for example, the prequest can be done entirely in like 30 minutes with a single group or less.

As for which 2.0s you should finish SK, Shaman, Bard and Monk are ones you should for sure do. The caster ones are fine but kind of whatever.
  4. snailish Augur

Every enchanter should get their snake stick just so they can illusion as a Guk froglok and hold the magenta snake.

This is EQ visual poetry, possibly unsurpassed.
  5. Mrjon3s Augur

SK Shaman most important out of your group. The click from SK epic even after the nerf is still huge. It also effects your whole group so if you have that up and fighting something with AEs the monk and bard will probably keep themselves alive while the epic is up so you can just focus on healing everyone else.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Good info. Thanks all.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

I honestly didn't think I had a shot at epic 1.5s in-era until I read this.

I completed the monk epic 1.5 last night. I 5-boxed The Seventh Hammer. For The Keeper it was the same 5-box but I had an enchanter friend join to keep slow and debuff on him. Group was Bard, Shaman, SK, Cleric, Mage, and Chanter. Unfortunately the monk is on my cleric account so he didn't get to participate in his own epic fights.

On to the next one!
    Machentoo likes this.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah in terms of fight difficulties, not all epics are created equal. The shaman 2.0 for example requires AT MOST a single group of anguish geared players, and a geared SK with 7th can basically solo/duo all of the fights.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

The bard 1.5 is really the hardest out of that group, the DN sections requiring 2 groups. Bard 2.0 is 1 fight.
  10. Machentoo Augur

We did the entire shm 1.5+2.0 with 2 raid geared toons and 4 trash geared alts. This was pretty early in oow too, so the raid geared toons didn't have much anguish gear yet to speak of. It is for sure one of the easiest 2.0's.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Update: SK epic done. I failed on Sir Elmonious Falmont a couple times (spikey damage). The key to him is steadfast servants and Infusion of the Faithful.

On the cleric epic I'm currently stuck on lfay. I can't quite zerg him down before the skellies kill everyone. If you recall, I'm 5 boxing these fights with an enchanter friend filling out the group. Six individual players could probably do it without difficulty but managing everything while boxing is challenging.

Next will be shaman epic. I'll see how far I get this weekend before DoDH comes out.