AE mez options

Discussion in 'Casters' started by birdsong_pawn, Feb 21, 2020.

1. birdsong_pawn Augur

I'm looking for one AE mez to keep in my enchanter's base spell lineup. I'll list the options at level 90.

1) Serenity -- PB AE, 1.5 sec cast, short duration
    2) Soporific Stare -- target ring AE, 3 sec (2.13 sec) cast
    3) Babbling Flash -- targeted AE, 1.5 sec cast, low resist but must be out of combat
    4) Serene Wave -- targeted AE, 4 sec (2.84 sec) cast, can mez yourself

Basically, I've been keeping Serenity memmed, but I'm wondering if Soporific Stare is a better option.

Other ideas on AE mez usage are welcome too.
  2. Eggolas Augur

As you mention, many ways are possible . . .
    Beam of Slumber II (AA), possibly preceded by Bite of Tashani II (AA).
    Follow with favorite AE or single target mez (Baffle) depending upon how many mobs. I tend to prefer the Delude line after Beam but your mileage may vary depending upon your pulling.
  3. Tyreel Augur

If you are looking for the simplest single spell solution Serene Wave would be the safest bet just don't keep your chanter too close to the pile.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

I prefer the Wave lines. Sure I mez myself in tight quarters sometimes, but it always wears off before it wears off the mobs. Also, it can be cured away.
  5. PhantasmaRathe Journeyman

you did not mention it in the spell line up provided but it was mentioned in a response earlier, beam of slumber is by far the best ae quick lock down. it is directional and cone shaped but I don't think I've ever seen a mob resist it that was of appropriate level and not mez immune. out of the spells you listed I use the 2) Soporific Stare -- target ring AE, 3 sec (2.13 sec) cast because you can get up to 6 mobs with it and it will not mez you at all. once I have the mobs locked with beam of slumber I usually run into the middle of them and click my bite of tishan to ae tash them and then cast the Soporific Stare for longer lock down. I then single target fresh mez with the Chaotic mez line which is found under your direct damage/enthrall area in your spell gems. the Chaotic mez is slightly shorter but still a decent mez duration AND when you cast it, you get a twincast proc for your next two DD spells which is awesome
    RPoo likes this.