Advice regarding my current Box Group.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Tiffy31, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Tiffy31 Elder

So just rolled up a 4 Box group consisting of Mage, Wiz, Enc, and Druid. I merc in a Tank and Wizard now but I also could drop the Tank for another Wizard or either of them for Healer if I need it; so far I havent. Im currently leveling through my 40s in CoM. How well that set up will perform once I get into harder content such as upper Tier zones from expansions of the last 3 or 4 years? I noticed some of the hotzones include zones from upper Tiers.

I am on FV so once I hit 75 I will twink out my Mage with that EM12 Oozing Spike Earring which should make my pet an unstoppable force until like level 90. Will my group be able to do stuff like the Achievement quests for each expansion, even if Im still within 5 levels of that era? How badly will I suffer for not having a "real" tank in my box group?
  2. moogs Augur

You can go a long, long way with that setup! It helps to have subscriptions but that's not necessary at level 40. Pets and mercenaries were strengthened in the most recent patch to help address the concerns you have voiced. Pet gear and mercenary gear and mercenary AAs are worth putting time toward maxing.

I had a fun time progressing through SoD, Underfoot, House of Thule, Veil of Alaris with my Druid/Enchanter/Magician setup.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

As long as you max out your pet AA, EM, and take on singles (via CC), you should be able to do all group content, in a very enjoyable manner.

The bard is key to our group, because mana. Mana regeneration goes from 400ish to 1400ish (@105) with bard songs (actually a bit more), so if you are burning hard, you can get a lot more done with a bard on board. Also, the added nuke DPS from songs is really nice. The bard can be on /melody, on follow, or you can position him for melee and mash his abilities..