advice on boxing crew

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hekthoria, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Hekthoria New Member

Hello, I made a break of 9 months. Now I want to come back. My last boxing crew consisted of 5 members cleric/sk/mage/wiz/bard.

First I want to reduce the boxing crew down to 3 toons, where I want to keep tank und healer. I want to focus a bit more on healer and so I think of kicking my sk and play up a war. Is this theoretically a good idea. Has anyone experience in tanking with war and sk and is their less effort to tank with a war ?

Furtheron I want to fill the 3rd place in the boxing crew with 1 of the remaining toons, on 1 of the accounts I have an additional bad equipped shammy.

To level up post lvl 105 , is this still good via deadhill tasks or are there other good areas to lelvel up.

And last question, will it be possible to do RoS progression with my 3-box combo ?

Thank you in advance
  2. Beinshady New Member

Imo i would stick with the cleric,sk,mage if you are going down to 3 toons. I have never played a warrior but i do box sk,cleric and wiz and i can do most things needed . There will be some quest/tasks that you may not be able to box but i just get help with those when needed.
  3. Hekthoria New Member

I want to add that all toons have T1/T2 Group gear from EOK, the sk has 20k AA Points the cleric 16k aa Points and the other toons between 12 and 15k aa Points.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

My main is an sk and have never played a warrior but reading the threads over several years and talking to others it would seem a warrior is the easiest tank to box if your time is going to be spent on other toons. Personally I would consider the unmentioned 3rd party software and keep your sk and cleric. Doing this you can control your cleric heals while on your sk without needing to switch to your cleric. Doing this you could also control your dps toon while on your sk. A mage will provide you with a little more defense in terms of having the pet to help tank or even take over tanking while your sk goes and pulls more while a wizard will provide better dps and evac in case things go sideways. You are also trading ports for coth and personally for boxing I value coth more than ports unless I am bouncing around the world (mostly for farming purposes especially for things like artisans prize).

As far as leveling DH is still ok for a lesson burn if you can get all 3 gribbles in under 1 lesson. Usually I will do all 3 gribbles on my lesson burn then bounce over to FM. I can usually get 300-400 AA's in a couple hours doing this going steady. It sounds like you probably have better gear than me so you might do better in some of the other EOK zones where xp is even better.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I'd stick with the SK if I were you and decide whether you want the mage or wizard more. The wizard will work very well with caster DPS mercs.
  6. Hekthoria New Member

Thank you for your ideas, I will work with the sk and try it first with the wizard :)
  7. aindriuc Elder

I made a shadowknight tank on advice from others. I am glad I took the advice. I am currently level 77, with shaman and mage boxes with rogue mercs and a healer merc on my shadowknight. I decided to go shaman and rogue mercs because the shaman can haste and buff the melees.

I personally feel you need a reactive healer in the group so I chose a healer merc on a gold account, and he works quite well.

I decided with a mage because I wanted call of the hero. This is nice when you are lugging boxed characters around. You only need to zone your other boxes and then run to the next zone line, and call of hero them both to pull them to the zone line which works nicely.

Doing HAs at 75 I realised that it requires good pulling skills, as some mobs come in threes and fours, and the shadowknight can feign death pull using the AA encroaching darkness which is a non-dot snare (so the mob won't summon when you feign death).

On second thoughts a paladin would also be good at pulling because of calm spells which reduce agro range so you can pull groups of mobs.

I was thinking a paladin might be better because of this, as feign death takes so long to do, but on advice I decided to go with an SK because someone told me they are good at keeping agro.

I don't know how warriors pull because I am not aware of any technique they can use to pull and separate mobs.

So just be aware if you decide to go warrior, that warriors don't have snare I believe or any pulling methods.

With the SK can you pull and snare and tank without switching screens, so I found it is handy.

Of course other people may have different experiences with warriors and I'm quite new to the game and I never played a warrior but those are my reasons for choosing my classes for my three box setup.

Have fun :)
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I think at level 85? you will get hates attraction which is another nice pulling tool. If you make a macro using this with FD and /stand you can fling a mob (blue con or lower) towards you, FD and then stand. Basically fling a mob from the group, FD will agro wipe you against the other mobs and then the stand part will allow you to quickly engage the mob you pulled from the group and start killing. The snare FD method also works well but is a little slower. Once you get hates attraction practice with it because it is a really nice sk tool to use.
    IblisTheMage likes this.