Advice Needed, New Ranger on Agnarr

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by BackToThis90, Aug 23, 2018.

1. BackToThis90 New Member

Hi all,

I am going to be rolling a new ranger on Agnarr and excited to get started! I rolled a ranger way back in the day when POP had came out but I’ve lost so much knowledge. I would like to do this the right way so advice is needed from the veterans. :)
    I am going to start him out with the Blackened Acrylia blade. I’ve done some research and it seems like a lot feel that the Woodsman’s Staff is the weapon to use all the way to early 50s, but there is debate on when to use it. My questions are:
    Is dual wielding the preferred method for Ranger DPS until the 50s before transitioning primarily to bow? If so, what would be a good off hand if blackened acrylia blade is primary?

If the staff is the way forward, when should I transition to using it? It’s worth mentioning I have a 36% haste item. If it’s around level 30 which I read due to damage cap, then ideally dual wielding from 17-30. I wouldn’t want to invest a ton in an off hand to get me to 30 if the preference is to switch to staff at 30. Any recommendations to get me by until 30 for the offhand?
    If dualwield is the preferred method, then I don’t mind investing in something for the long term. I’ve been gearing to the point where I won’t really need to upgrade some gear spots until about the 50s or so.

Just trying to do this right the first time.

Thanks so much for advice and opinions!