Advice for Bixie Warfront HA Endless War

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gialana, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Gialana Augur

Last night I completed the Endless War HA for the 3rd or 4th time since its release. Last night was the first time I received the exploding seeds option for the 3rd step. However, I was never able to make it to the southwest trenches. Every time, before I even got close to the trench, I was thrown backward or sideways. I also tried to return to the hive to regroup, but I couldn't make it there, either.

The monk in our group was able to make it to the trenches and drag our corpses through "a couple lucky bounces and sheer determination." I think monks' increased run speed may have helped. So we were at least able to recover and finish the HA.

Has anyone figured out a trick for being flung close to the trench instead of far away? Perhaps removing levitation? Facing a particular direction? Or would it just be advisable to drop and re-get the HA if I receive that step in the future?

Thank you
  2. Famka Elder

Before you get to that step, look around and try to figure out in which area you need to be for the 4th step (northeast or southeast trenches). Have everyone else move to those trenches and if you have a fast runner or someone with DA available, have that one person do step 2 and run to the correct trenches.
    Gialana likes this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

That effect is absolutely horrible and can be chained making it impossible to get to the trench. There is nothing to make it better unless they tone down how often you get bombed or lessen the effect of the blast on you.

Personally I have been tossed across the zone because of it, simply a bad game mechanic. Maybe best option would be to /bug that?
  4. segap Augur

Got that variant the first time I did that HA. Never went back to do it a second time. It's crap mechanics like that that pushed everyone to Gribbles.
  5. Gialana Augur

That's a very good idea. Thank you for the suggestion. And as a paladin, I just happen to have DA available, though that won't help everyone, unfortunately.

And Segap, I think the other 2 variants on the 3rd step are more manageable. At least I didn't have any problem making it to the trenches when I got the gassers. I can't remember if I ever got the clicknar swarm.

There are certainly some HAs that are very annoying, so I can understand the allure of straight-forwardness of the Gribbles adventures. I hope you will give other HAs a chance, though. There are many others that aren't straight kill quests, but are still likeable.

If you're on Emarr, feel free to hit me up to try them. I've done all the CotF HAs at least once, but now I'm working through the hunter achievements. However, I also sometimes do whichever HAs are on the daily list.
  6. segap Augur

I did every single HA long, long ago. I would have gone insane just doing one or two over and over again. Just saying there were reasons why I never went back to many of them and why many people I know gave up on even trying others after seeing some of the bad ones.

The dev team has had its head in the sand looking at their 70% unused numbers and thinking people were just looking for easy (admittedly many always will regardless of what they do) rather than looking at the real problem of 70% of the content sucking and pushing away the more adventurous players.
    beryon likes this.
  7. beryon Augur

That Neriak line of HAs with the gargoyle come to mind here. I don't understand how they made both those & Gribbles and thought, "Ok, these are roughly the same difficulty & should have the same rewards." Then they seem genuinely surprised that most people aren't doing those missions.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Fix that bad mechanic in that mission and more would probably revisit it. All it needs is that one exploding seed toss/fling effect toned way down, or build a delay into the script so it doesn't start right away so maybe there is time to scamper into the trench.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Depending on your class, shadow step abilities that are instant cast can sometimes help if you time them right, since using them drops you down on the z axis pretty significantly.

Or park a mage in the trenches beforehand :)
  10. Devildawg Elder

I've had that step a few times, and with some determination (usually from 10 seconds to 5 minutes) of getting bombed to high heaven, I managed to bounce my way into the trenches. I do NOT know why they thought "Hey, this is a good mechanic." It's practically the opposite.

Although there was one time, when after about 5 minutes of pulling my hair out trying to air-castle bounce my way into the trenches where I was seconds away from /q'ing and slamming my PC with a keyboard similar to the first GIF meme all of us saw on the internet. The rage was boiling, I'm sure my face looked like I had just eaten one of those atomic bomb candies, when I finally got some velocity in the right direction and plopped down in the trench.

I think directional velocity is the key here. If you can just get going in the right direction the nanosecond you have feet on the ground, you have a chance of making it in.
  11. Gialana Augur

Being exploded into the untouched clicknar scouts was unhelpful, as well. At least I now know to clear them all, if they're up.