ADVERTISING!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beggly, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IblisTheMage Augur

It is obvious that people using the bad program will be banned, my guess is that 99% agree this is very good.

I have not heard any mention of anyone using ISB being banned, and it seems to me like it obeys the rules put forward: no code modification, works with overlays, no automation, etc.

I have also on AB not seen anyone abuse ISB (nor the other one, for that matter). It is probably because I don’t go to the places where they would be, or because no one care about doing it in the AB economy... *shrugs*.

That is all I have to navigate on, for now, so that is what I do, until I get different info...

I love that EQs are being advertised!
  2. Aurastrider Augur

How am I missing the "major feature". They simply could have said a no broadcasting server or said broadcasting is illegal and achieved the same results. Sure there are the die hard who just hate boxers but the general idea of a server like this was to eliminate the mega armies rolling into a zone and disrupting everyone's gameplay. You would not find this level of disruption with alt tab which is why it only makes sense that "true box" is short for no broadcasting which they can only achieve on the software side by limiting one instance per machine. Why has live not made a push for this rule set? Because these armies and level of disruption are mostly a tlp issue. If this was an issue from the beggining when people started using broadcasting years ago you would have seen the same outcries from the playerbase which just isn't the case.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

What part of my post suggests I am in favor of broadcasting on truebox servers? You need to read again and maybe you will understand what I wrote. In no way do I support broadcasting on true box as it is a "clear" violation of the ruleset for those servers. My point was why not just say "broadcasting is illegal" vs making a true box server? By making a true box server it implies heavily that broadcasting is acceptable on servers without this ruleset. Unless their real objective is to only allow people to box who can afford multiple computers.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because on live people don't care how many computers you use to play multiple accounts and this server was setup for 1 account per computer. On the true box server people didn't want boxing regardless of how the person was doing it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.