Advanced Looting Options

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smak, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Smak Augur

Could option checkboxes be added for always need, always greed, or never looting of stackable tradeskill items?
  2. Aurastrider Augur

What do you mean? The options apply for items that stack and don't stack. You mean a master checkbox for all trade skill items so you don't have to inspect them first and once clicked you will just loot all or never loot any trade skill items?
  3. Smak Augur

yes, so you do not need to set it up for every item one at a time. one and done auto looting or not looting. for tradeskill stackables.
    fransisco likes this.
  4. Thraine Augur

it would be a lot eaiser to switch from need to greed depending on your group, all my friends roll greed on anything thats not a upgrade .. but you know how it is when you PU group with those guys that NEED diamonds lol
    moogs likes this.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

Unless you have so much plat that you have nothing to do with it everyone Needs diamonds seeing as how they are the most common valuable vendor item. I never use greed it's just a poor option imo. Either you want an item or you dont. If you get mad because you are on the fence about an item and someone else who knows they want it gets it that's on you.
    Riou likes this.
  6. snailish Augur

Merge need and greed into "I will take this should I win the roll"... ("want" is probably a better name for it).

Then you have no settings to worry about adjusting.

Eliminates the pug argument aspect too.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Riou and moogs like this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I grouped with someone last week, first time in a couple years. Since I hadn't had to work out loot in a non-solo situation since the advanced loot window, I asked him what the acceptable custom was. He told me to just mark everything as need, that's what everyone does. So, yeah, seems like having need and greed is redundant.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Riou and Yinla like this.
  8. Smak Augur

Its not so much about the need or greed shifting on a group by group basis, but being able to check a box at the outset letting the game know you want to loot all stackable tradeskill items so you don't have to set up need greed or never for each individual ts item out of... 1000s
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The people I group with mark everything as Greed unless you Need the item. Need meaning you are working on the quest or the item is an upgrade for your gear or the collectable is one you still have not collected.
  10. moogs Augur

That's how I do it, so that's how it's supposed to be, but in reality people are dorks and doing it wrong. The Need and Greed options should be merged into Want to fix this.
    Thraine likes this.
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I like it the way it is. I'm a pack rat and loot everything so it doesn't rot. I even wrote a program to keep track of which of my pack mule characters has what item.

The current way I can keep everything on Greed and if someone in my group needs something they can put Need. I want to not let anything rot but I do not want to loot something someone else needs.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Thraine Augur

I dont complain about others rolling need on everything nor do i demand they change it .. i simply never group with them again :)

Grouping outside of the guild gets complicated hehe
  13. snailish Augur

That's how I set up my filters. But depending on which server I am playing on... it either works fine or not at all. PuGs are generally the issue, so it depends if that is a part of the server culture or not (i.e., event servers and progression it is for sure).

As long as the item is tradable, "want" would work fine as the altruistic could still give it to the needy person in group. No drops give the warning window (to my recall, or at least do everytime I loot a sarnak war braid...) so "want" could still work for the altruistic player saying "Hey I won the roll but does anyone actually need this?" --then they could pass on the looting and the master looter assign it to the gifted-to-needy person?

Sure that is slightly more work in the "being nice" scenario, but it eliminates all the other hassles for those of us encountering inconsistent playerbase approaches to this.