Advanced Loot / UI Crashing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tarvas, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Tarvas Augur

When I try to hit AG in the shared loot portion of the window I crash. I just server transferred so I am having to redo all my loot options. Any help would be appreciated.

Another issue I am having is loading my UI. I like tabless chat windows and wiznut's player info piece. When I load it I immediately crash as well.

Thank you.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I can't speak to your UI issues, as I have always used the default UI since the game's release.

As far as the advanced loot window is concerned . . .

• You can copy/paste/rename your old loot files if you wish. When you're in your game folder on your computer, you want Everquest/userdata/filenamehere, where the file names include your character name and old server name. LF_AG_charactername_servername, LF_AN_charactername_servername and LF_Nvr_charactername_servername. I suspect there may be more than three files, but I only ever use Always Greed/Always Need/Never so those are my files.
    • If you don't want to go that route or don't have your old files for some reason, I would recommend two things to limit crashing in the loot window. First: if you haven't already, get rid of the filter that separates out loot by mob name. Second: make your selections fairly often, as the number of boxes in that advanced loot window when you make a selection are one of the causes for the crashing (a dev talks briefly about it in this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/advanced-loot-ctd.248445/ ).
    Tarvas likes this.
  3. Tarvas Augur

Thank you