Adjust Miragul Spawn Timer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kevvy, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Demetri Augur

It's also strange how heavy the paladins skew towards Erudite on Mischief - it was rare to see more than 1 ERU PAL and 1-2 ERU SK per server - and I know of at least a dozen on Mischief. Guess Shield of the Stalwart Seas being so common here swayed many or something lol.
  2. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

You could spawn him in picks before as well to get him. This change wasn't implemented until Feb of this year which makes Mischief the first TLP to have this in era. It's not the fact that Mischief is a loot pinata. It's a horrible change that was made for no good reason that I can fathom. If you have an actual good justification for why this change was good i'd love to hear it. I can't think of one that makes any sense.
  3. Kevvy New Member

You could spawn a new pick before Mischief and get the spawn, but that no longer works.

Also people keep ignoring the fact that i've mentioned repeatedly, there are hackers that literally teleport their ENTIRE group onto Miragul because of how competitive this spawn is.
  4. Kevvy New Member

Not to mention, it requires 4+ people to kill, who has 4 people at the ready like this?
  5. bardybard Augur

Umm, most people?
  6. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Did it with 3
  7. Gheed Is not reading your response

Get your guild to zone in and pop a pick... or are you guys too worried one of the other 4 paladins will come and KS you?

Actually baffles me how many posts there are nowadays crying about things needing changes when their issues have very easy solutions that people have been doing for a while.
  8. Atomos Augur

1. Do you know how many people it takes to spawn a pick? There are guilds that are raiding with numbers too low to even spawn one.
    2. Miragul doesn't spawn on opening a new pick.
    3. Read the first two posts: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=3558
    Demetri likes this.
  9. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

This person didn't read anything in this thread.
  10. Kevvy New Member

Yeesh, i would just delete this post lol
  11. Gheed Is not reading your response

Unlucky that they changed the spawn on pick up, seems like a typical DPG change though.

Still, 35 hour spawn would mean 4 miraguls a week? Do you have like 10 paladins on the server needing the epic? You can do it little buddy
  12. Demetri Augur

There's at least twice that many Erudite Paladins alone I've noted on the server to date. Paladins are remarkably popular this TLP for a change.
  13. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Roughly a total of 28 in the 2 months of kunark from the OW one. I dunno if people have sat in a pick long enough to get one or not though which could up that number. The change to not being up on pick is the bad change. I guess they felt they needed to compensate for removing that aspect by lowering miragul's OW spawn time. This isn't a horrible idea except on Miragul which is a tried and true krono farm server so everything is camped pretty hard.
  14. Cainen Augur

People have 100% sat in picks long enough to spawn him. I'm one of them and know of at least 5 other paladins who did this.
  15. Kevvy New Member

If the picks genuinely last 5+ hours without closing this may be the route i take, or i may take advantage of the servers coming back online and do the 5 hour wait as soon as they do.
  16. Kazzuk Elder

Sadly you started well, then claimed the shaman epic 1.0 click had longevity... it is pretty useless at 60 in this expansion....

Really the only one with staying power is the cleric epic, some others are more useful than others for longer, like the bard one, but most wont last through SoV beyond the click and only a few have worthwhile clicks if you evaluate what else you can do with the "time" spent clicking it.
  17. Rapala Journeyman

Ya just have 60 people sit in a pick for 5-14 hours, no problem.....
  18. Rapala Journeyman

On mischief I'm sure there are a LOT more than 10, it's perma camped on thornblade and we have half the pop if that.
  19. Rapala Journeyman

YOu and what army? The pick closes within 15 minutes of falling below threshold... nice try though.
  20. Demetri Augur

I said SOME longevity - it's a click for extra damage so it at least can do SOMETHING for a long time - not saying it's great. Just like ENC epic is just a situational thing to buff battle rezzes and pets after Luclin.

Not saying it's "good", just that it has some minimal use as a manafree DoT. (Especially considering the low effort investment for the epic)

Unlike the melee epics (especially knights) that go into the dumpster shortly after Velious opens.