Adding more lines to social?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fyrerock, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Ssixa Augur

Actually, I'm pretty excited to try this /timer thing out with my MGB Auspice hotkey. I don't have the regular MGB hotkey on any of my hotbars (I have 5 of them filled, and I just cannot devote the space to another for *just* MGB...so it goes on page 2 of one of my bars and I check the timer routinely between events.
    TY for this info, hopefully it works the way I am expecting it to!
  2. Trazzlo Elder

That /timer command is great! Just tried it out and it works really well. I often cast multiple shaman spells such as malo, slow, cripple. The druid snares and also debuffs with multiple spells. Now the single button counts shows the progress through all of the spells. Gives me a quick check how much longer they have until they can start nuking. :)

Casting pet toys, roleplaying emotes, casting multiple debuffs and also doing a forage and /autoinventory, ... I often hit the 5 line limit. Things like pet toys are cast a muzzle, belt, two weapons (possibly different type), and autoinventory. That right there is 8 lines and used fairly often.
  3. Redex Journeyman

Glad it worked out, I just heard about it a few weeks ago. Seems to be not very well known at all in the EQ community
  4. Redex Journeyman

Hope it does as well, cheers and good luck with it :)
  5. Xariyl New Member

wow... I've been playing this game since the beginning and I've never heard of /timer. That will be very useful, thank you!
  6. Brogett Augur

I've wanted the ability to do that for ages. It's why I don't have socials that announce I'm using some ability, as then I have to double up all the keys: one for the social and one to be able to visibly see the cooldown.

Many thanks for the tip!
  7. Kyreth Elder

You have no idea how excited I am to learn about the /timer command. How did I not know of this before?! I don't have to double up on half of my hotkeys now to see the timers! Happiest Cleric ever, thank you!
  8. Cakeny Augur

Is there an upper limit for timer and pause?
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

/pause screws up any other hotkeys, so I wouldn't ever want to test the max pausing time. ;)
  10. Ocura Journeyman

Just got back into EQ after a few years away, had forgotten all about most of the info in here. Been using plain old commands:
    /cast 2
    /pause 30
    /cast 2
    etc (been catching up some cast skills... divination is a beast for me to keep up as a cleric!)

Going to have to see how much I can squeeze into one macro, can also see the timer being handy for my ench to track mez.
  11. Makavien Augur

Would be nice from a warriors point of view it takes 2 socials just for my engage hotkey. Or at least being able to put discs and stuff on the same line as when we say things in group .ie I am tanking ,/pause 2,/disc fortitude all on one line would work also. They help when focusing on positioning or pulling the raid npc into a certain area.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

/pause 30, /cast 2
    /pause 30, /cast 2
    /pause 30, /cast 2
    /pause 30, /cast 2
    /pause 30, /cast 2

You can make pause lines in with your casting lines. ;)

I have one hotkey to summon food/drink and /autoinventory them both. =p
  13. Lighteningrod Augur

Right clicking an active macro will cancel it.
  14. Lighteningrod Augur

/timer. Just tested it.

O. M. G. I <3 this!
  15. Gudkaap New Member

Good use for hotkeys you make up for burns... gonna put this into all my zerker's hotkeys and my shaman. Till now, i've kept the AA or Disc button near on my hotbar to where the social is so i can look to see if it's ready, the social is mapped but the aa/disc button is not, just there for the visual on reuse timer. With this, i can take all those out. I tried this on my SK's Feign Death key, which back to back's Death's Effigy and Improved Death Peace. I originally added /timer 1200 as the first line, then had the cursor hovered over to see the countdown, in this format, it appears that the /timer and the actual recast on Death's Effigy were off by a second, so /timer 1210 sync'd them up. For my berserker, I'll set the timer to the longest reuse so I can clean up some space on her hotbars. This will be so dang helpful on the Shaman's mgb Ancestral, won't have to keep the MGB hotkey near the button, nor my mage's nuke burn combo hotkey.

Just some ideas on how freaking awesome this command is. Also, discovered by accident that right clicking the social mid countdown, as if to go in and edit, will reset the timer.
  16. Belchere Lorekeeper

Does anyone use the 3 commands on spell keys? I can't seem to get it to work, and I would love to use it.

/pause 65, /cast 1 ----> Works, casts spell gem 1, waits 6.5 seconds

/timer 65, /cast 1 -----> Works, casts spell gem 1, and adds 6.5 second cooldown timer to hotkey.

/timer 65, /pause 65, /cast 1 -----> This is not a valid command. Please use /help. *Does appear to add cooldown graphic

/pause 65, /cast 1, /timer 65 ------> Pause and cast work, but no cooldown graphic, no error.

/timer 65, /cast 1, /pause 65 ------> Does cooldown and cast, but not pause. Again, no error given

/pause 65, /timer 65, /cast 1 -----> This is not a valid command. Please use /help. *Does appear to pause for 6.5 seconds

/cast 1, /pause 65, /timer 65 ----> Casts spell, no error, does not appear to do pause OR timer command

Does anyone know how to get this to work for 3 commands on 1 line, or if that is even possible? If so, it greatly reduces the use, as most of my spell macros use the /pause feature, even if it's just /pause 5 (for fizzle control, I'm a cleric so my heal key casts, spams the healer channel, spams group, has line to spam channel (for things like pillars) recasts with a half sec delay, in case of fizzle of first heal

To use this feature I will have to get rid of one of my spam lines, probably the team line, but that means when doing pillars or anything else with a split, I will not be spamming the team chat channel, ugh. If they would work together, it would be totally awesome.

Also, when I tried for foraging I found out the /pause wasn't long enough.

/timer 6000, /cast 1 casts spell 1 and sets up a 10 minute timer correctly, but following up with /pause 6000 and a new line after, say a /tell or a /say results in at most a 99 second delay before the next line fires... Is this intentional? It limited me to 3 forages per hotkey press when doing foraging ( I know, I should go out and get a keyboard that can handle that macro for me, but meh) because I had to replace 2 forage lines by an independant /pause line to build up enough delay to do the next forage.

I haven't bugged either, as I just assume it's meant to be this way, but it would definitely help if they could fix at least the timer to work. Having two additional / commands on a macro line would help, or even adding 1 line to make macro keys 6 lines would help too.
  17. Fyrerock Augur

Your problem is lag, so just increase the pause time from 65 to 70, if that does not work then increase it again until you can cast gem 1, five times in a row.

/pause 70, /cast 1 repeat that the same command up to 5 times in a row.

ie I like to place /sit on the last line, so I know when my alt has finished his micro.
  18. Elizabeta Augur

Not even having tried it yet i love timer. I use a forage hotkey to forage and /autoinventory the results. With the /timer it would shade out until it can be reused. Very nice.

On another note, i would love more social slots (more than 10 pages) or the ability to load socials like hotkey banks.
  19. Fenthen aka Rath

I am not aware that you can use 3 on one line.
  20. Lighteningrod Augur

Your results are mimicking mine. I'm unable to get all three on a single line.

To summarize, it appears one must choose between one of two syntax, either:

A) /pause, <action>

or

B) /timer, <action>