Add maps to the game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Strawberry, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

Is that million plat or million US dollars? If you need 1 million plat and are on luclin / stromm send me a tell and you can have million.
    Jennre likes this.
  2. nitrocutter Journeyman

You keep saying this in this thread and it's literally the biggest lie I've read on these forums. Millions of people are comfortable downloading files from 3rd party sites.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Duder and Nennius like this.
  3. Angahran Augur

Now show a satellite view of Crystal Caverns!
    Or Blackburrow!
    Or any multi level zone.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

To be fair, making a userfriendly and easily readable map of a complex multi-level zone is, afaik, one the "unsolved" problems in UI-design.

The naive way of making a map, is to only draw the outline of vertical polygons, and having a height-filter.
    An algorithm that sorts polygons after verticality is not hard to code(I think).
  5. Cicelee Augur

Both sides present very strong arguments. In game maps would help the new player navigate around. Veterans trust Brewall and Goodurden map download files, so they are just nor random downloads for those.

What if EQ offered an in game link to a page that listed a lot of trusted valuable in game information if the players seek to do so at their own risk? The link itself could go to an everquest.com page where it has links to map sites, eqresource, allakazham, class sites like magicians tower and monkly-business, etc? Have a disclaimer at the top saying these sites are not DPG or DBG or EQ created sites, but rather by current and former players? Maybe on the character select screen?

Just a thought. In 1999 it was really awesome to start brand new and have notebooks of notes and maps and such. It is 2021 now. There is information out there. If EQ devs don't have the time to create stuff like this, they can at least provide links to those that do. And then the player can choose to play like 1999 or 2021...
    nitrocutter likes this.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I still have my binder full of EQAtlas maps somewhere..
    I do trust both GOOD's and Brewall's maps. I use them both. Would it be nice if EQ included maps, certainly, they obviously have them since they make the zones. But there must be a reason they don't include them.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

/loc
    /loc
    /loc
    /loc
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Laronk Augur

How about a million platinum, thank you for your understanding during these trying times.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.