Add an AFK kick script

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Healiez, May 28, 2020.

1. Healiez Augur

This is the only thing I feel needs to be added to the game right now.

As far as I can tell there is no "kick afk player" script running on Aradune right now. This means people will just AFK when they go to bed, go to work etc not freeing up slots for people in the queue.

This script existed on Selo's for that very reason, sure there are work around but people using those are painfully obvious and a quick video clip and petition would take care of them.

Hell make it like 30 minutes so if you have a minor emergency or have to deal with a quick RL thing you dont get kicked, any longer then that and you really should be logging.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  2. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

You are wrong. Try sitting AFK on Aradune. You will be kicked. I have been kicked, and so have some of my guild members sitting AFK for too long.
  3. Healiez Augur

Hmmm i wonder what the timer is then, it is at least over 1 hour from personal experience.

Makes me wonder if they got kicked for AFK or just crashed.
  4. Dyzalot Augur

I just got kicked without being afk /sigh
  5. TheChosenOne Augur

i got kicked for afking like an hour or so. Fortunately my 2nd account finally made it in so i was able to start that character while i waited 2+ hours for my main account to sign back in via the queue
  6. TronStar New Member

Do you get kicked after a while if you sit at the character selection screen? Is it shorter than 1 hour? It would be nice to know so I don't check every 5 minutes to see if I made it through the queue.
  7. Dyzalot Augur

Heard in game from people that you have about ten minutes at char select screen before being kicked.

Just make sure you can hear the EQ login music. That's how I know I'm being logged in while I rewatch The Wire episodes waiting on the queue.

Also I had EQ minimized while I waited and as soon as the login process starts, it maximizes over the top of whatever window I have open.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Cannot speak about Aradune, but it definitely seems to be running on Riz. Every time I have been AFK for a bit, I come back to the computers kicked out.
  9. Xeris Augur

I went to bed last night running into a wall in Neriak and woke up 3 hours later and was kicked. So the script kicks you out some time between 1 minute and 3 hours of being AFK.

It's for sure not enabled on all servers cuz I can idle on Agnarr 24/7 without being kicked.