Actual NPC damage credit incorrect

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Warrior007, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I've noticed a few things with NPC damage credit that doesn't reflect actual damage done.

Issue 1: DoT damage is disproportionately counted towards kill credit

For instance, if you dot a mob to 53% and do nothing else, and another party comes and kills it, you will still get credit, even though you did not do the majority damage.

On the flip side, if you damage a mob to say, 47% and do nothing else, and a DoT class exclusively finishes it off from 47%, the NPC kill credit will be counted towards the DoT class.

Issue 2: NPC damage credit appears to be counted off potential damage output, not actual damage done.

I've noticed this in PoWar primarily when sniping the battling factions. I'll take out a mob in a pack fighting each other to 60%, and continue to do majority damage, but when a high melee DPS mob switches on them, it's unlikely credit will be awarded as the NPC misses or hits (perhaps both) are being counted as full potential damage towards credit. I'm not certain if this affects pets on competing DPS races, it would be merited to test.

Summary: DoT and potentially pet classes have an edge on DPS race credit. Melee NPC damage output credits missed/and or minimum hits as higher than actual damage. Actual NPC damage is not an accurate reflection of kill credit.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

Are you counting all NPC damage as a total of a single NPC? Each NPC is counted as it's own group so even if 2 NPCs do 30% each and you do the last 40% you would get kill credit because the group damage would be

Your Damage 40%
    NPC 1 30%
    NPC 2 30%

Now which of those 3 did the most damage and would get kill credit?
  3. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Yes. In general total HP parses I would do 55-65% of the total NPC HP, but high DPS melee mobs tend to always KS due to theoretical credit, which would mean non-maximum hits or missed hits (or both) are counted towards damage credit as maximum or disproportional hits compared to actual damage.
  4. Cloud the Third Augur

What parse are you using?
  5. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Latest GamParse on a single mob, with no identical mob names nearby.
  6. Cloud the Third Augur

If you are using the latest one that is your problem it doesn't work. The only one that works is the beta version.
  7. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Is there a beta of a beta version that's better than .98? Latest release from 10-14.
  8. Cloud the Third Augur

9. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Yeah that's the .98 variant I've used since October.

This is easily replicated if you follow the steps for the first issue in the OP -- Nuke/Melee down a mob until say, 47%, then let a dot class finish it off. The DoT class gets the credit. Same on the flip if a DoT class gets it down to 53%, and you finish it with non-dots, they'll get the credit.

Replicating issue two is going to be a tougher, it definitely is present. There is something off with actual damage credit.
  10. Cloud the Third Augur

You do know mobs regen right? The % of health you see is meaningless really.
  11. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I've left mobs up for minutes without them regaining a single percent and the testing still stands.
  12. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Tested this after the patch today, still prevalent.