Acrimony like of aggro spells do not hold aggro as described.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Xerzist, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Xerzist Augur

I did a search for "acrimony" to constitute whether a post was made on this topic before. But it is known in-game and out that the acrimony line of spells hasn't been working as its described or intended for a long time now. I am not sure how its gone unnoticed as tanking and proper ability use is a keen part of the game.

EXAMPLE: AA "Unending Acrimony" : Causes a target up to level 120 to give you its UNDIVIDED attention and deal 4447 damage every six seconds for 18 seconds. While active, your allies generate 95% of their normal hatred. A reflection will increase all hatred you generate for 55% and heal you for 4447 points every six seconds for 18 seconds.

This is what the tool-tip says in-game. It specifies undivided attention. Is it working as specified? Not at all. In a normal tank setting this is irrelevant. As an SK I can usually hold what I need. But for example - let's say you want to hold aggro on a hero mission while a rogue mercenary burns quickly. The boss pops, I hit Unending Acrimony, and a DPS or rogue merc can pull aggro still if I let them.

So what gives? It's been almost a year and no fix. I'd be really happy for an update from a developer as to why what could be one of our most valued lines isn't in working order. I appreciate all you do but give me my snap tool please!
  2. Funky Augur

it's not an aggro lock. basically acts as a taunt, while making your aggro abilities do more threat and others to generate less. a bst/mnk can most certainly steal aggro during this time also if they are burning (their burns generate way too much aggro). as for the rogue merc, their aggro is really messed up right now and it's being looked at.
  3. Xerzist Augur

Yeah that isn't what the tool-tip says. I mean that can be your interpretation, but "undivided attention" is pretty explanatory.
  4. Riou EQResource

It is supposed to be a complete aggro lock for the duration of its debuff on the mob (18 seconds) then normal aggro list applies

So if it doesn't do this it's definitely broken
  5. Xerzist Augur

Do devs even read these forums? :eek:
  6. Funky Augur

true. and sadly it hasn't worked that way in quite some time.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Incorrect. Perhaps you're thinking of Ageless Enmity AA?

[59198] Unending Acrimony Effect
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Lock Aggro on Caster and Decrease Other Aggro by 5% up to level 120
    2: Decrease Current HP by 4447 per tick
    Text: You find your attention drawn to a new target!

Now I do know that the paladin version of the ability does work as described because I have a macro to DA tank for the duration of the effect and while it's active I do not loose aggro. I do not see a meaningful difference in the spdat for these spells (just the DoT), so I would expect the SK to work just as the Pal version does.

For reference:

[58889] Unending Affirmation Effect
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Lock Aggro on Caster and Decrease Other Aggro by 5% up to level 120
    Text: You find your attention drawn to a new target!
  8. Funky Augur

i possibly just misread it. but either way, it does not always work like it is supposed to.