Achievements?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by AlaskaJay, Feb 14, 2018.

1. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

Returning player looking for a bit of insight to those having playing past PoP.

With the level and AA cap being what they are now how far could one get going thru the expansion achievements as a guide to see all the content I have missed. Say a 3 box with 3 mercs at max where would you guess would be the cut off (which expansion) for dungeon / raid content that can be managed alone? Some odd mechanics not allowing a 3 box not withstanding on some fights of course.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

That's a great idea - to go thru achievements to cover missed stuff. A lot will depend on other factors.
    #1 if all accounts are free to play or silver (returning player on old account but not paying) then you are limited on your merc level which might inhibit you at higher levels. Depending on your play style you can get to levels 90 ish with the lower mercs on free accounts. After that I went paid on two of my accounts so I can have a J5 healer merc and a J5 tank merc - the third and others are still free to play and many are hitting level 105.
    #2 About the only thing not allowing merc or boxing is Anguish and DON raids. You can make some extra character to round out the other needed so you have 6 but they don't have to be online at the same time. I think many of the others (epics) are almost soloable.
    #3 Someone will mention auto grant I am sure but I am against that. Yes you get all the AA for whatever level your on but you get them all at once and spread where ever the game thinks is best. It might leave you lost and not using many AA your character has simply because you didn't know he had it when you got auto granted those 100 AA all at once.

Over all I would say you could get up to EOK. I am there and in similar set up.
  3. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

To clarify on #1 CatsPaws mentioned, if I level up and start getting suck in again paying 3x subs is not a problem so assume Gold on all 3 at some point.
  4. Dahaman Augur

The Hero's Journey quest book will take you past level 85. Doing the progression achievements for each expansion thereafter should take you to max level.

I'm pretty certain that there is more to do than you can accomplish with your setup unless you are pursuing it as a full time job. Even so, it may take you years to gain all of the achievements at that pace.

Also, to experience all of the content you have missed, it will take a couple of passes with different sets of trios. You will out level content with only a single set of characters.

In summary, there is no virtual limit for your setup. No worries. Cheers!
  5. Tucoh Augur

A good 3box will be able to do all but the hardest group content in RoS.

Raids are a different matter. A lot of raids, even very old ones, basically require multiple people actively playing. For example, Deathknell #2:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3503

For best chances surviving in raids, I recommend you have a healer and a tank. An SK or paladin are more self-sufficient than a warrior and are better options for old raids. Modern SKs are generally better than modern paladins.
  6. Gundolin Augur

If your goal is to try old content a 3 box or even a 2 box set will breeze through all of the content between POP and Underfoot. If you are willing to use mercs and Defiant gear. They are both much better than what was available at the same level when those expansions were live.

By House of Thule the Mercs and the Defiant gear dry up, so you will have to basically fight through those expansions almost at the same difficulty level as when they were live. (Though Rank II spells and gear will be much cheaper to buy in the bazaar). I think though if you work on the expansions and don't just let your mercs solo them moving up that you would be able to handle all of the current content with a good 3 box set. (Assuming you aren't playing 3 silver accounts).