Achievements for Dwarf Heritage Crate

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Froglok, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Froglok Augur

It looks like the next Heritage crate is for Dwarves, as two of the achievements can be seen now (Art Collector and Critters).

However, this is no big deal as they need to be added for the Crate-related achievements.

What IS a bug, however, is that the Critter achievement check list includes "Collect a a Crag Chick Familiar."

Other than the duplication of the "a" in that line, the Crag Chick Familiar is all ready in the game... and has been for a while.

It was part of the Bird in A Cage set from a few years back.

So, unless the Devs decided to re-use an existing item -- which is 100% not a good idea imo, since it will compete with items we want / need and we may all ready have it -- this needs to be fixed before the Crates go live, perhaps?

My achievement is all ready checked off for that line, since I have the Bird Cage item all ready.
    Nniki and Duder like this.
  2. Froglok Augur

Dev response on this one?

I mean using the same item for two different random-reward Marketplace?

Sure the Birds in a Crate may not be currently offered, but they have been offered more than once in the past and will likely be offered again when the whim strikes.

Paying the price of a brand new crate and getting an item that I all ready have from the Birds in a Crate is not good.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll change it. But... I have no idea how you got the achievement because it checks item NUMBER not item name... and you definitely do not have the new item number (unless you mean an achievement for the Bird in a cage)

As for the Crag Chick error. When I was searching for duplicates I made a mistake and searched for the wrong race number :/ (A beetle not the bird)

Thanks for the confirmation of the duplicate.
  4. Nniki Augur

He didn't complete the achievement. Summary of what he's seeing:
    1. Two achievements are visible when they shouldn't yet (typically only appear when you acquire one of the items for the achievement)
      • First one doesn't have anything checked as collected (why is it visible?)
      • Second one has crag chick checked
    2. Crag chick is being counted for second achievement (instead of new beetle item)
    3. Text error (duplicate "a")
    Froglok likes this.
  5. Froglok Augur

I definitely see an Achievement called "Dwarf Heritage Crate: Dwarf Critters"

....and the first line of the achievement reads, "Collect a a Crag Chick Familiar" which I promise you, is 100% checked as completed.

(I do have a Crag Chick Familiar, and have had it since it came out with the Birds in a Crate.)

My guess is that updating that line of the achievement (item name / number was missed) was missed in the achievement cut / paste?

But anyway, I am glad to hear this was not as recycle item and is supposed to be a Beetle.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That's what I was searching, not necessarily what it will be. For the sake of memory, I did not choose beetle in the end (It's not in global memory yet, so chose something already in on_demand)
  7. Natal Augur

Is the beetle a bug?