Achievement: Bristlebane Day - The Gift of Laughter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Addikeys, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Addikeys Elder

Is this active today? Or, alternatively, is there a new April 1st quest?

Thanks!
  2. Lynnia Augur

yes, it is active today.
    Addikeys likes this.
  3. Addikeys Elder

Great! Thank you for the quick response.
  4. Lynnia Augur

no problem, I had a few of my chars bouncing around to get it this morning =)
  5. Omegga Elder

Has anyone had the viral portion of the effect work?
  6. Lynnia Augur

nope, tried it with one of my chars who got it before others, and still had to zone a bunch to get it for the others.
  7. Goodn Augur

The alternate way of gaining the achievement works as well.

The alternate way:
    -Have someone place the reward painting of Bristlebane in a house/guild hall you can access
    -Right click the painting and select Stare Into Madness from the menu
    -Eventually you will be ported to Shard's Landing and get the achievement (as well as the reward)

Got it in one right click on a toon...also got it on the 159th on another, so your mileage may vary:)

Goodn
    adetia likes this.
  8. Janakin Augur

Seemed there was no viral component to the achievement, just a random buff "Gift of Laughter" anyone could get while zoning. I ported me and my crew around with my wizard randomly and no character got the buff at the same time. I think I got 3 that way and just spammed Gyrospire Relocation Device on the rest.
  9. Zebrn Journeyman

Anyone know if this is active for 2018 with Bristlebaneday or is it literally only April 1?
  10. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Did 2x today
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

This really, for me, is the best way to get this achievement, without having to worry about the viral, which has always been flaky at best. The painting does seem to work for it and isn't limited to April 1st.