Fixed Internally Account with special character unable to login

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dizok Jester, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Ghubuk Augur

logging into EQ outside of the patcher is unintended is what I think they are saying.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The proper reply to this is that the way you are playing IS an intended method as it is a method that is supplied by the game itself and does not use anything other than what the game itself allows. Whoever wrote this reply obviously knows nothing about the login options of the game.
    They are incorrect. The patchme command is even included as an intended method to log into EQ within the knowledgebase of their own site. The person in question simply did not know what they were talking about and assumed that the player in question was using a 3rd party or other app to perform the action.
    Ishtass and Duder like this.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

I could be wrong, but I am fairly certain the patchme command is not an intended method of logging in under normal circumstances. I think it was added for trouble shooting issues.
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, it has always been an intended method to bypass the patcher/launchpad. To my knowledge, patchme has been in the game since the start, and was there as a way for players to not have to load the patcher unless the game actually needed to be patched. It doesn't offer any kind of troubleshooting benefits at all. If you could not get into EQ via the patcher (or now the launchpad), then you could not get in via the patchme method either. It just sped up the process to get into the game by bypassing the need to check all the files each time you went to log in.
    Duder and Yara_AB like this.
  5. Windance Augur

This doesn't seem like much until you have seen the windows busy icon waiting for the launchpad to finish checking several times a day.

I too would like to see this fixed, or an option to run launch pad and have it default to only check once a day unless you hit the forced check all files button.
    Lubianx and Duder like this.
  6. AppleSplatter Journeyman

I know it's not supported, so if that's the answer that's fine. It's a shame though, because it's my main acct that has the special character, and now that it won't log in properly I'm not really able to 6 box. Hope it gets fixed, I really enjoy the game.
    Mesil and Duder like this.
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

8. AppleSplatter Journeyman

That's fine, because I always have the option to #playanothergame
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Use the patcher? in stead of something that requires you not to use the patcher?
  10. Lubianx Augur

Those that are saying this isn't a bug or go use Laundpad are really not addressing the issue.

There have been a few threads on this issue. I think all anyone is asking is for is a dev to come out on these forums and definitively say that it isn't going to be changed/fixed (whichever way you want to put it), or yes it will be changed/fixed to the way it used to be.

Remember using the "patchme" method has been around a while and yes things change, but usually when they do, there is a mention of it and what is the usage going forward.
    Duder likes this.
  11. Yara_AB Augur

We were being told on discord that an internal ticket was created to have this looked into.
  12. Ishtass Augur

Soo, should I start a petition to change my station name or is this something that is going to be fixed?
  13. Yara_AB Augur

won't do you any good.
    CS will just suggest to create a new account because they cannot change login names.
  14. Duder Augur

You can like the initial post to upvote the issue. Chances are that they will do nothing about this ever and perhaps when they offer people having different log-in issues the suggestion of the patchme method they will now include the disclaimer, "Unless you have a special character in your login name, then /shrug".
  15. klanderso Developer

This is confirmed, unfortunately I don't have an ETA at the moment.
  16. Windance Augur

Thank you for confirming that its an issue to be tracked.
    Ishtass likes this.
  17. Mesil Lorekeeper

I did a petition to change the account name - petition was denied.
    :rolleyes:
  18. AppleSplatter Journeyman

Reading this response just made my day. :)
  19. Telkor New Member

Thanks for the confirmation, I'll be really happy when it gets fixed.
  20. Tyreel Augur

5 accounts 2 have underscores in name. This issue wouldn't be so bad except once you log in the first character to server select the patcher shuts down so fast that you can't alt tab back fast enough to stop it from closing. Restarting the patcher takes 3 to 5 minuets because the patcher acts like it is running on a PC from 1999...
    Ishtass and Windance like this.