Fixed Internally Account with special character unable to login

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dizok Jester, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Dizok Jester New Member

6 accounts and only 1 with a special character in the station name.

That account can log into the patcher but cannot login if I use the shortcut with patchme.
    Telkor, Rapitiss, Ishtass and 16 others like this.
  2. Viper1 Augur

Same. I have 6 accounts, 2 have an underscore in the station name, 4 are just alphabetical names. The 2 accounts can't log in when bypassing the patcher.
  3. Pincoya New Member

I saw the motd, however it has been quite a while with no update and I still cannot log in since the patch. Is there an ETA?
    Duder likes this.
  4. Yara_AB Augur

5. Yara_AB Augur

On Discord Dreamweaver suggested to contact CS to change the accountname.
    There also is another tread about this on the player help section of the forums.

(But first folks report that CS suggested to just open up a new account (or to complain on the forums if we think this is a bug), which hopefully will not be the solution.)

Meanwhile it should be possible to log in using the launchpad. Appears you can access your account that way (using the client with the patchme option is broken).
  6. Duder Augur

Bridgette S.
    Today at 05:55

Good morning and thank you for the update. We simply are unable to provide support for issues that arise from playing the game in an unintended manner, just as we would be unable to help players attempt to play the game on unsupported hardware or operating systems. However, some people may suggest it as a troubleshooting measure. We're very sorry that we cannot provide support for issues that arise for playing the game without using the LaunchPad.

In regards to the issue at hand, thank you for taking the time to let us know. If you believe the issue you are experiencing is an issue with the game client or server, we must kindly advise submitting a bug report to the official forums to help out our teams.

In regards to changing the username, We're sorry to say this is not a service we provide and can only kindly advise creating a new account if you wish to use a different username. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding. If you experience any other issue, please feel welcome to reach out and let us know so we can check it out. Take care and have a nice weekend!
    Best regards,
    Bridgette S.
    Senior Technical Support
    Daybreak Games

Logging into Everquest is unintended?
  7. Pincoya New Member

My account names have no special characters. I am running on: win 10 pro intel i7-7700 32 gb ram, m2 ssd, avg 300Mbps speed tests with Cable Modem, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. I tried loading EQ2 and it will slowly cycle through login servers and can't reach them. I also double-checked firewall to make sure both launcher and eqgame had rights. Everything else I've tried to use on my computer still works. My best guess is that this issue is ACL/everquest network firewall related. I think the login issues have multiple root causes:

1) invalid credentials (another recent thread in bugs)
    2) special characters in login names (might be overlapped with item 1)
    3) login works but server selection won't load (my issue)
  8. Qbert Gallifreyan

It seems pretty clear that the message is don't circumvent the patcher . . . if you do, customer service can't help. I don't see why this is such a big deal, the patcher takes like 2 seconds to load if there isn't anything to actually patch.
  9. Yara_AB Augur

For EQ2 you will want to check the forums over there. Sorry.
  10. Pincoya New Member

I don't intend to play eq2. I just loaded it to see if I had similar problems. All of the issues in my post are about eq1, except that I experienced a similar issue loading eq2.
  11. Yara_AB Augur

Ok - sorry then :) Thought you were talking about EQ2.

Well - your problem doesn't really fit in here then if it isn't caused due to special characters ...

But because it isn't the reason for your issue, you could try another option:
    Create a link to eqgame.exe and change the link's target so, that it reads like this:
    "driveLetter:\path_to_EQ\eqgame.exe patchme" (without "" - unless you need it due to blanks). The "patchme" parameter is the key here. It will circumvent launchpad and direct you straight to the original login.

Then see what happens.
  12. Pincoya New Member

accepts username and password, and freezes at "Logging in to the server. Please Wait..."
    I also tried clicking chat... same thing.
  13. Yara_AB Augur

and no error message showing up after a while?
  14. Pincoya New Member

No change. just "Logging in to the server. Please Wait..."
  15. Pincoya New Member

I am still having no luck with logging in.
  16. Yara_AB Augur

this appears to be something different.
    Unfortunately I have no idea at this point so you will maybe have to seek assistance from someone else.

Or check with CS if your problem is the same like the one they dealt (are still dealing?) with.
    Maybe make your own thread asking for assistance because due to the nature of the problems discusses in this thread people most likely won't really look.
  17. Pincoya New Member

I started my first message as a separate thread and it got merged here. I have also opened a ticket, but haven't seen any updates today. :-(
  18. Yara_AB Augur

You may have to wait until monday to hear back from them :-(
  19. Mesil Lorekeeper

Same here, account name is xxx-xxx. This account can not log in via shortcut, only through launchpad. Please change back whatever you did, so I can play again.
  20. AppleSplatter Journeyman

I'm having a problem with one of my accounts also because it has a special character in the username.
    As for making a new account to avoid the problem, that's honestly disrespectful to the customer. I can't imagine that response in any other industry.