Account to account transfer

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Moak, May 30, 2018.

1. Tiggold Augur

Hey New Member! Check out the EULA and rules for the forums. You're encouraging people to engage in a practice frowned upon by the forum admins. Posting multiple times on the same subject to drum up attention to your problem is punishable. But, hey what do you care right? You guys only show up when you have a problem.
    Dythan likes this.
  2. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

The logical fallacy you presented me (i.e., Perfectionist Fallacy) notwithstanding, work that bring in new, unique accounts > items that sustain existing accounts UNTIL one or more such items in the latter affect BOTH tracks.
    But you forget that is further compromised by the gutting of their human resource levels... and frankly, that reality probably makes them lean toward the latter. It remains however, that the former (along with vanity item sales and accelerators) are pretty well known for making HUGE differences in revenue generation.
    Personally, I suspect they're torn because they need to do all three, but can only afford to do what they've always done. Still, if you had to play "carry, drop, kill", the order for maximized probability of success would be:
    1. New account revenue
    2. Expansion revenue
    3. Cash Store revenue
    That's as much as you're going to get from me for free. If you want more and have a budget, feel free to ping me and I'll quote you for consultation to do a more comprehensive analysis that includes subscription-based archival information from industry research and analysis outlets.
    Dreadmore likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Put me on the list of someone wanting account-to-account transfers ASAP. I'll fire up a 6th account once transfers are back.
  4. Dreadmore Augur

No, I in fact did not know this, which is what had me thinking everyone managed to get the numbers and do all the calculations somehow, or had some perspective I don't have. From my perspective, it was a few people saying their one-time transfer fees were going to make or break DBG, which sounds absurd on its own of course. Not knowing how much of the player base would use the service, how many times each, how many new paid accounts it would actually result in, etc.

Thanks
  5. Snack Augur

I would transfer characters and convert at least one more account to all access if anyone is keeping track.
  6. Bandido New Member

If account to account transfers were fixed I would be transferring at least one character and maybe three in total.
  7. Nifty Slacker Augur

I would transfer at least one, maybe two characters. I might need to make a 6th account to make it all work. I know it sounds silly to make that many accounts, but I like boxing. oh well.
  8. Grimblekin Journeyman

I would transfer a few myself. Made a few mistakes leveling characters on the same account. Would open a new account and transfer if I had the ability. Even if they charged 25 bucks a pop or so, it would be a no brainer.

I know they say that they can't afford the manpower of someone to manually transfer accounts. But with the people saying they'd be willing to fork over money for account transfers, I'm sure paying some intern 10-15 bucks an hour to just full time account transfer would pay for itself. Just lay them off once the surge is over :D
  9. Spellfire Augur

I would use account to account transfers as well.

People say just to start over on a new account, but my alts are 110 with 25k+ aa's, geared up and aug'd, with various progressions/collections done etc. I am not going to redo all that.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just curious if you transfer character to another server (which is still working) -then transfer back after the 24 hours block. Wonder if the character would be on a different account when transferred back to original server. For all those with the money to do this it might be worth a try.
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

[IMG]
  12. Dreadmore Augur

Why would the second server transfer cause a character to jump to a different account?
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Because this is EQ and that is EQ logic.
  14. Password1234 Augur

Man even if this made any sense, why would you risk sending your character to some random person's account?
  15. Snack Augur

When account to account transfers were still working, did /vet rewards persist with the moved player? I don't have vet rewards on my 'spare' accounts. Jester of Bristlebane is too awesome to not have on all my characters.

Actually, with my sometimes limited time to play, LoTD is a game changer for me up through 107ish anyhow.
  16. Snack Augur

Actually, does anyone know why they aren't available now? Is it:
    1. Technical issue? They actually can't figure out how to do it anymore, or did their automated tool break?
    2. Policy issue? Like, are they worried about people doing RMT with accounts and characters?
    3. Time/labor issue? Do they not have the staff to do it or the money to pay them?
    If it's just time/labor -- give me a call -- I'm local to DBG (looks like about 12 miles, SOE was around the corner). Whatever you charged for transfers would have to support a part time (what I am assuming is a) data entry person for a couple hours a week. I'd even happily walk away when you hire an 18 year old to do it. I'll do it as a consultant and you can 1099 me so you don't actually have to bring me in as an employee.
    I'm assuming it's #1 or #2 however.
  17. Cleaver Augur

Its a technical issue. The tool they used to do it is broke and they don't have the resources to fix it. I can't imagine why though at most it should take a week to write an entirely new tool to do it.
  18. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

100% a policy issue. Don't have enough RMT police and they've gotten complaints en masse about the ones they have.
  19. Dreadmore Augur

Claiming veteran reward AAs are based on the character. It's like a flag that says "this character is enabled for vet AAs," and just that. Which veteran rewards are available are based on the age of the account, and any vet-enabled characters on that account will have whatever the account says it can have.

So if you had a character on an account with 10 veteran AAs and you moved it onto a new account, it will no longer have any AAs. Once the account hits one year though, the character will have the first AA only, and without having to reclaim /veteran rewards, so you can use the newly earned /veteran for a different character.
  20. Cleaver Augur

They already said its a technical issue, but hey we can always believe they're just lying about.