Account to account transfer

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Moak, May 30, 2018.

1. Cleaver Augur

nothing is 100 percent guarantee. but requiring both accounts have the same CC, same email, same phone # and sending a code to that # before the transfer is done would get as close to 100% as you can get.
  2. Archery Lorekeeper

THE GOOD News: This complaint and thought process has existed since 2000 and amounts to wasted breath as the 19 year history has proven. DBG is doing the best job as to keeping EQ alive and well in the history of the game. People like Danny Dunbar, Roxxy, Dythan are working hard to improve this game. Are there any examples of this? Let me count the ways:
    1) Customer service has never been faster, done with more care and understanding or tried to improve itself. The "Faster" portion exempts the time long gone when you could call up and speak to a person 24/7.
    2) Game Development has made an exhaustive list of improvements to the game that, when completed, you think; "Wow, this is so very Great!" 1,000 stack of TS items! So many changes in such a short time to make the game constantly more fun to play but keeping the Challenge of EVER Questing alive and true to it's heritage.
    3) DBG started out slowly, getting their team in place. Now they are the best IMO. They spend time answering question to Rude and insulting people and do it with style and grace.

Thank you for all you do and have done D B G!
    Stom and Gosan Kai like this.
  3. Nifty Slacker Augur

I don't know if my post makes a difference or not, but I would love account to account transfers.
  4. Saidyan New Member

SWTOR: Expansions free with Subscription
    FF14 : $40 https://stormblood.na.square-enix.com/?edition=stormblood&
    EQ: $35

FF14 since last years expansion has released has given away 3 major content patches and multiple minor content releases. Also, the 4th major content release for this year is coming within a month, and a minor content update is going to be released aug. 7th.

Then you have WoW, which is $50 and has multiple major updates as well:
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_(World_of_Warcraft)
  5. Cleaver Augur

You listed 2 games that require a sub to play that have 10 times the players most likely 20 times the players maybe more. Try again.
  6. Dreadmore Augur

Can you just list them instead of dragging this on and suddenly adding more conditions then? It's just weird to have other people prove your claims for you.
  7. Cleaver Augur

List what he said They charge a premium price for expansions. Then he listed games that require a sub to play or have the expansion as proof Daybreak charges too much. WOW charges $50 for the basic expansion plus $12.99-$15 a month to play the game. SWTOR once you stop paying you lose the expansion. FF14 again $40 for the expansion and $15 a month to play the game. EQ $35 (discount if you're all access) and you pay nothing after that the non prestige gear is really good and you only need the better gear if you're going to raid.

Can you tell me you wouldn't pay $70 (minus the discount) for EOK+ROS ?
  8. Krand(Coirnav) New Member

I want to start another account (more subs) - I dont want to spend the time on a toon that I already have on another accounts. 1 account is 19 years old, next is 16 years old and I want a new account. All paid on the same CC since they started.......

Maybe allow it where the accounts are a no brainer
  9. Mulder New Member

Is there a place to check for possible updates about this Roxxlyy? I definitely have about 5 characters I'll be paying to swap to my new accounts once this is available.
  10. ForumBoss Augur

11. Tiggold Augur

Seeing a lot of new users here and the same old questions, complaints, BS. Here's a tip: Upper right hand of the forum header is a "search" function. Use it.
  12. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

And welcome to EQ.
  13. Ekadzati Lorekeeper

I kept 7 level 60+ characters on idle hoping it would make a return.

Roxxy clearly stated here that it doesn't have an ETA:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/account-to-account-swaps.250814/#post-3690471

I'm now down to 2 characters and a mule, and my plans to create more accounts and send my characters to them so I could progress (given the very sad shape of population on my server) is effectively bust.

So, at least in my case, the lack of an ETA and clearly indication that it's just not a priority has cost them 7 new accounts, 7 transfer fees, and of course, all the gold playtime between here and whenever EQ stops churning out expansions.

Seems to me someone isn't paying attention to money getting stopped at the door... or hasn't done the analysis to determine the opportunity cost.

Oh well.
  14. Mulder New Member

I think you're missing the point. The more posts in this thread the better to show community interest in this problem. If we got to 50+ pages it would be better than everyone just using the search function and letting this issue die.

Hopefully people continue to post every day asking "questions" about this topic.
    Nifty Slacker likes this.
  15. atomicstorms New Member

I wanted to chime in that for me, in a recent ticket, I wanted an account transfer for my cleric to my recovered veteran account of 15 years - that I forgot the credentials for because I thought it was on an email address that I no longer owned. The customer rep helped me find it but now all the effort (1 month) and the prepaid 1 year is all for nothing (even though I could move the 1 year). It was pointless, since I was established raider, for me to create a new cleric just to get all the veteran benefits (15 years worth) when I should just be able to pay $50 or whatever to have it moved.
  16. Tiggold Augur

There's multiple threads to show interest. They get the point. Do you? And it's hard to take you seriously when a "New Member" shows up to drum up interest in "their" soapbox diatribe. We all want this service, it's not happening anytime soon. Also, showing up and posting "When is this service happening?" - when 10 people the 10 weeks before you did and there was a dev response, is not asking questions to not let the issue die or w/e you said. It's other things but not that.

And @Atomic - it sounds like the CSR's were being pretty fair to someone who lost credentials to an account that's 15 years old by what they offered you.
  17. Dreadmore Augur

Can you, or anyone else who has said this same thing, explain it to me a little more?

Have one of you done the analysis and determined it would be the biggest source of revenue over everything else DBG is working on and it would totally be worth it to stop all other projects?
  18. Mulder New Member

There are enough people showing up in threads to post "Use Search", not sure we need more of them. I am, however, happy that people continue to post with interest in this issue so that it finally gets resources allocated to it - the only reason it's not currently resolved.
  19. Binks New Member

Ignore Tiggold he's clearly just trolling. Keep posting, keep making it known to daybreak we want this feature fixed. I would love to split my account up.
  20. Tiggold Augur

It doesn't need more posts to convey that. If you're so die hard about not letting this subject die as you guys are saying then comment on one of the 30+ other threads about it. Posting a new thread about the same sh*t someone else just did when there was a clear dev response is childish not progressive.

And coming straight from you - there are enough people showing up posting "their needs" for this service so not sure we need more. That sound about right?