Account Suspensions

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hawrlee Quinn, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intenso Augur

perma banned
  2. Rulah New Member

Im having similiar issue. I didnt exploit "Fell Foliage" to avoid the intended lockout. Still im suspended for this. And we have some guildies that I also know 100% hasnt exploited but still got suspended. So I wonder whats going on? Weird thing is people ive done the mission with they aint suspended. So only I got suspension by some weird random punishment.
  3. TierwinCT New Member

BAN THE PEOPLE WHO EXPLOITED THE MISSION TO GET THE RAID DROPS BY KILLING THE GROUP MOB, NOT THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN DOING SOMETHING THATS BEEN IN THE GAME AND UNFIXED FOR AWHILE NOW.

What a joke Daybreak. Great use of time after that vacation you took. Number 1 priority is pissing off your subscribers. *Claps*
  4. GoodGotSuspended New Member

What about those that exploited the 5k clicky ring to win OMM raid and DDD achievements did they get banned? I ran the mission back to back for a hrs, about 10 times and said that this is boring and got suspended for trying what others did for years... If I still cant log in after the patch and for a week time expect me to rethink my standing with EQ...
  5. Cj7jeep New Member

So on zek server this has been done when toons need to hide to exp. I see the value in this as people would clear an instance then boot the task. Rinse and repeat. How do they determine if said players are grinding or exploiting?
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Really?
    I must be an ignorant SoB, as i haven't been aware of this.
    But you were, and most certainly you have reported this exploit, right?
    And not used it, but remained on the task until the last step had also completed, like you should have, right?
    If not then you need not wonder that, even after years, an exploit is fixed.

Why "only this mission"?
    Looking at the (hot?)fix, it won't be "just this mission", but "this mission" has apparently been exploited to death, giving people key parts, Rk2 spells and group loot and possibly achievements or whatever that they should not have.

Daybreak have been doing "their best" to drag out this expansion for all of us, by making keydroppers spawn in only one place, at a freaking low poprate and with only a random part per medaillon every 6hrs.
    They've done so, i reckon, because some numbercruncher probably came up with "in the middle, it will take x days/weeks for y% of the population to have their key completed" and those x days are proably well into the summertime.

So why should they NOT worry "just about this mission" throwing off their careful planning and fix it?
    After all, they are out to provide all of us with a LASTING (but not necessarily fun) experience in their effort to sell us a half-year add-on for a full expansion!
  7. Ctronedor New Member

A 21 day suspension is overly harsh, I feel a 3 day suspension would have gotten the message across just fine. Not only that but this company has hit us with the nerf bats a little too much for my taste, that's made this game just not fun to play anymore. I've canceled all my accounts, why support a company that has no clue on it's customer base. Good luck killing your game Daybreak, I would say you're doing well with it.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Is the supposed lockout 4hrs? 5? or could it be that the supposed lockout is 6hrs?
    If it's 6hrs...
    didn't you just admit that you indeed did "exploit" some lockout-related bug by doing it at a higher frequency than intended?
  9. Huna Journeyman

Wow, my main account is suspended for the Fell Foilage exploit I didn't exploit. Now how do I petition this BS?
  10. WhatWiz New Member

This issue has been brought up repeatedly over the years. The problem is Daybreak has selective hearing and only addresses issues they care about or, as they've stated in the past, that they can fix with limited development time.

During beta, missions didn't even have chests so things like this were overlooked. The problem was multiplied several times over when the expansion went live by having so many items in these chests. Spells, VP key bits, visibles, non visibles (chance to drop anything that rares in the zone dropped). So now all the sudden something that wasn't a priority to them was suddenly a priority. But not enough that they actually fix it, but instead despawn the NPC until they returned from their holiday break. Then they decide to reward their loyal customers by handing out suspensions to the ones that actually bought the buggy expansion that should have been delayed til after the holidays in the first place. Add in the people you suspended for doing nothing wrong and you have a real mess.

People are already upset of the continuous nerfs over the past six months, giving them a forced vacation from a game they're on the verge of leaving already isn't a good thing, especially 21 days. They'll go elsewhere, get invested in another game and won't return.

Daybreak needs to reverse the suspensions if they want any chance of salvaging this public relations mess. Or, at the very least, change it to 1, 3, or 7 days instead of 7, 14, or 21 days.
  11. Donutsz12 Elder

Suck it up.... You exploited the game by getting all this loot and not your crying because they took action against you.
  12. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

I will not suck it up, nor should anyone else that got suspended for farming group content. If this were the ONLY mission in the game this was doable in (which it isn't), or if the person were gaining 100% of the rewards with zero lockout (which they aren't), then I'd say yes they were exploiting a bug. But when it's been reported to devs for 4+ years, /bug for 4+ years, posted on for 4+ years, and nothing is done, it's no longer a bug and now part of the mechanic. So we're getting suspended for something that devs never cared enough about until some people found an even BIGGER loophole of getting raid loot out of it. Then they just swing the suspension bat at whoever happens to be nearby, and this is what you get.
  13. Gialana Augur

My guess is he either incorrectly stated 5 hours instead of 6. Either that or it took him around an hour to the complete the mission, though I don't know why it would take an hour unless he wiped several times or cleared a bunch of trash. The time on the lockout timer has always been from the moment the quest was requested, not when the lockout timer was applied to the character.
    Riou likes this.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

By replying to the email you received and submitting proof of how you did not exploit.
    And by taking a peek into the knowledge-base first, about "excuses not to use".
  15. Huna Journeyman

You mean reply to?

mailto:donotreply@daybreakgames.com

Your a frigging genius.
  16. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

It's amazing to watch adults behave like spoiled children who have never matured or learned to take accountability for their actions. This is the behavior one would expect to see from elementary school kids that get caught doing something they weren't supposed to, what with the excuses, denial, deflecting, the finger pointing, the blame shifting, the tantrums, etc. Holy personality disorder, Batman.

Go ahead, take your proverbial ball and go home. Even though everybody here knows you won't.

But keep in mind, this is a gaming forum and not an airport. There's really no need to announce your departure.
    Rolaque and the Reaver like this.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

*shrug*
    I've not received a suspension email yet so that part was unknown to me.
    Emails i get from them, other than advertising stuff DOES have an address i can respond to.
    Forgive me my lack of exploit-related experience PLEASE!

In that case, and since you spoke about a "main account", implying that you also have others, sumbit a ticket through one of them - there's even a "ban appeal" selection available.
    But don't forget to read that "what excuses not to use" part first.
    And get your facts together - e.g. logfiles of (as i mentioned above) zone-in messages they might be able to verify.

And while i am at it:
    Yes, you are right, i am.
    Sadly you are not or seem to be into rhetorical or easy-to-answer-yourself questions instead.
    Good luck in the next game you cheat in!
  18. Draazen New Member

Got news for you guys too, when your 1 week ban is up, your loot from said mission will also likely be gone. ;)
    Denial_Sinfae and Thesehips like this.
  19. Gialana Augur

Regarding your second paragraph, I don't think dropping heroic adventures after the named/PH or collectibles spawn is exploiting. When lockout timers were introduced to the heroic adventures and the bulk experience moved to the end, people pointed out that this would negatively affect the ability to complete hunter and collection achievements. Those people were told by SoE/DBG (whichever it was at the time) that they would have to chose to get the experience and lockout or dropping the HA to get another chance at the named and collectibles.

Your Droga mission example is a good one, though. It never occurred to me to try dropping a mission to get the chest loot but not the lockout timer. I didn't know it was possible until the Fell Foilage mission was taken offline. If there were people exploiting the lockout to get the largest reward of the Droga mission (the chest loot) without getting the lockout timer, then you're correct; they also deserve the suspension. Perhaps theirs is coming.
    eqgamer likes this.
  20. Hawrlee Quinn Journeyman

Tell ya what, I'll shutup about the whole thing when I see suspensions evenly given out to ANYONE that farmed chest loot in ANY mission in the game at ANY time. Until then, it just seems like a very lazy way of handing out a punishment to anyone that might have had even a 5% chance of doing one certain mission, and may have had a .01% chance of being one of the raid loot exploiters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.