Account security

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Elricvonclief, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Aghinem Augur

This is what I would suggest regarding FV; and I am sure compromise is better than nothing. If a FV transfer request is put in, put a 7 day hold on the transfer to validate the request through a series of security questions. That is all I can truly think of that would make everyone happy.
  2. Mayfaire Augur

Are there really that many people transferring to FV? 100's? Really? Where is your proof that hundreds are transfering to FV? That seems wildly bloated and picked out of thin air.

When I was looking to move from Vox last year, FV was immediately crossed off my list because I knew that once you transfer there you cannot transfer off, EVER. What if you go there and hate it? Too bad, you're stuck. I am very sure that many other people feel the same.
    beryon and Elricvonclief like this.
  3. svann Augur

I dont think its too much to ask to have 2nd level security. Lots of other mmo's have it, and even eq used to. This is not like asking for "fort knox security" so just quit it.
    beryon, moogs, Aergon and 3 others like this.
  4. Bamf New Member

I would think DBG's first step when looking into an account that was 'hacked' is seeing how many different IP addresses, from how many different states/countries had the account logged in in X amount of time. Let's face it, you can't log into your account from your home state of, let's say Florida at 9:00 am, and then again from New York at 10:00 am.

They aren't stupid, they know when people have shared their account info. It doesn't matter if a person has since changed their password (and pinky swear they didn't give it to anyone) when it's clear in their account history that they shared their account info previously and broke the EULA.

Break the EULA and you are on your own is what DBG seems to be saying.

Even if I believed these people didn't just sell their toons (which I would almost guarantee is the case), I know for a fact that one of the two of them shared their account info with multiple people.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Try reading that again. #2 shows that they HAD THE PASSWORD for the Facebook account, Facebook BLOCKED the login as it was from a different area of the country. Facebook doesn't pop up that message every time someone tries to log in from another area of the country with a bad password.. if they did you'd never log in to Facebook again without that message popping up.

As for #1? People use unsecured WIFI networks all the time at coffee shops, hotels, etc. It's not a good idea to do so anymore but it's been a common practice for a very long time.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. Elricvonclief Augur

The point of this thread was to ask for additional security, nothing more.

Arguing against additional security, which one very loud poster from Firiona Vie has been doing, strikes me as odd.
    Mayfaire, beryon and Rila like this.
  7. Kayarra New Member

Right now I can click the log out button on the top right corner of the screen, click the green logout button and see the login option. I can then click login and it immediately refreshes to me already being logged in. This happens all the time. The servers are not clearing cookies properly. Login sessions are not being cleared server-side.

Bad security is not the fault of the players.
  8. Aergon New Member

in this thread some seems to work for DBG and posting like players.

So, the fault of someone getting killed is his fault because was in the wrong place at the wrong hour (is the thinking of a few i see here posting).
    Rila and Elricvonclief like this.
  9. Aergon New Member

Think this about like a restaurant

you are the boss, then a customer come to you and say his food is terrible and want you fix it, then you say "no way, my food is the best and you will not get any fix, back off" ... pretty sure this restaurant is doomed.

The most important here is give to a loyal customer the most satisfactory help and answer you can, is no matter who have the reason or who is right, fix the problem man.
  10. Aergon New Member

Even if DBG is right and account never was hacked, why not restore the naked toon?

why not hold the FV transfer for 1 week or more? i think this company don't wanna fix nothing, shame on you
  11. Bamf New Member

If the customer spit in his own food or let someone else spit in it (thereby ruining it) you think the restaurant should give him a free meal? You call someone like that a loyal customer?

I don't understand your logic...even if the account was never hacked, why not restore the character? Probably because people sell their toons for real money or xfer them to FV to sell their gear off for plat which they can then turn around and sell for real money. You think they should get their toon back so they can do that all over again? Really?

Quit being naive and thinking that everyone who posts crying about being hacked actually was.
  12. Elricvonclief Augur

You sir, are the one being naive and not understanding what we are talking about.

We are asking for additional security. There have been different ideas suggested.

Arguing against additional security makes us all wonder what your angle is. Are you from FV as well?
  13. Aergon New Member

Bamf you are making guesses without have any clue, you are starting from the point the customer is guilty so you are bad from beginning.

You need prove someone did something wrong, we don't have to spend our lives proving we are inocent.

I don't see wich is the interest of a player to come here and suggest that, so the only thing i see is your intentions are not good, pretty sure you think that way because is the way you do your things.
  14. Bamf New Member

I think you need to re-read Aergon's post first of all. He was not arguing for additional security, he was arguing that these people should get their toons back because they are 'loyal customers'.

Why on earth would anyone think that people who gave their account info to others should get their character restored? You can have all the additional security you are asking for, doesn't make a bit of difference if people give their info out. That is the whole point. They aren't getting their characters back because regardless what happened to their toons, they broke the EULA and gave out their info.

For the record, not from FV, never had a toon on FV and would never consider playing on FV. Not even sure what difference it would make if I was.

I am in favor of additional security measures, I am not in favor of giving people their characters back when they shared their info and either a. got screwed over by someone who had their info, or b. sold/transferred their toons themselves for cash.
  15. Aergon New Member

I can be naive but prefer that than be a arrogant.

If all customer supports think like you Bamf then the business will be awful.
  16. Aergon New Member

How you know things happened like you say? you are making guesses without proves, again you are begining from the scope the customer is guilty of something, someone screw you on any transaction and because that you feel frustrated?
  17. Bamf New Member

Sorry you are blind and naive Aergon. I am not making guesses, as I already said, I know one of the people that posted on these forums saying their account was hacked, swearing they didn't share their info, when in fact, there were multiple people with the account info.

I don't need to prove anything and neither do you, DBG already did when they posted on these threads.

Legit hacked accounts will have characters restored, accounts that people shared with others will not.

Simple.
  18. Aergon New Member

Talking about toons, why they can't get his toons back?

I was dealing with customers problems for years and the most of requests are legit. But no, you again wanna start from the point the customer is guilty.

I hope you never have any problem with this game and meet with a CS than think like you and with a few players like you.
  19. Elricvonclief Augur

NM
  20. Bamf New Member

Not at all. I don't give out my account info.

I don't like liars and people who cry wolf and although I love that people are rallying and standing up for what they think is an injustice, all these people's (including yours in respect to at least one of these two people who claimed to have been hacked) efforts and genuine concern is misplaced.

Absolutely implement more security, I have no issue with that, I back everyone on that.

I don't back what I know not to be true and I find it disheartening that someone is taking advantage of people here trying to garner support when they know they did in fact, break the EULA by sharing their info.