Account Security Breach

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sadao, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Sadao New Member

Someone has gained access to my account (no idea how) and is charging my credit card endlessly for daybreak cash. I've changed my password and frozen my credit card, but the player is staying logged in to avoid losing access to the account. Is there no way I can boot them off? This is insanity.
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

Just wanted to get this in here before it gets flooded.

Simply by having access ONLY to your DBG account information, it is impossible for any successful purchases to be made, be it with DBG cash or items, without knowing the correct credit/debit card security card. It is asked for it each time a purchase is made. Repeated attempts with the wrong security code will likely alert the bank of an issue, thus contacting the card holder.

With that said, if the purchases of the DBG were successful with your credit card (see next paragraph), I would suggest doing a complete scan of your system with more than just your antivirus program.

After that, I would change your passwords anything that matters. Other than getting the info from your system, who else would have access to your account AND your cc# security code (wallet/purse/etc)?

Noting that a relative/friend had DBG acct info or have the bank/cc do a chargeback for any successful purchases will result in an account lock/ban. If the station cash purchase has been successful and has not been used, you could request a refund.

You can create a ticket to have your toon kicked.
  3. Sarkaukar Augur

Addition note, you can tell if the tranactions were successful on DBG side by going into Account manage at DBG website, then DBG Cash Balance/History. Any successful purchases (meaning the correct security code was used and other info matched) will show up. If nothing shows up, the purchases were not successful.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah if someone has the security code for your credit card your whole computer must be compromised.