Account Hacked - Likelihood of getting anything back?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AxanBearClaw, Oct 18, 2017.

1. AxanBearClaw Journeyman

Hey Guys,

I submitted a petition as soon as I noticed it yesterday, but my account was accessed somehow and 4 fully geared toons were stripped of all gear. I assume DBG will get to the petition when they can (I hope) - but, has this ever happened to any of you? Did you get any of your gear/krono/plat back?

Just wondering what I can realistically expect from DBG.

Cheers,

Kel
  2. Eniner Augur

A investigation will be open on said account. They will then go through checking all ip locations to log into account as well as go through their logs of your toons etc to see if shared. A lot of time players share info despite them saying they have not as its quite hard to actually "hack" a everquest account. Infact it is nearly unheard of without someone gaining access to your email address to do a password reset and then would have to know all your account passwords and secret questions if any are set. But the likely hood of a 100% hack on your account with this company is quite slim if any.
  3. Intenso Augur

Chance of return nill
  4. Intenso Augur

Think nowadays they just ban all accounts involved?
  5. svann Augur

I dont think that is true. They might temp ban till they get it figured out who is the rightful owner but it wont be a permaban.
  6. Intenso Augur

pretty sure they posted somewhere if you give away account info and get account taken and stripped dont come crying to us?