account and alt setups

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mattnaik, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Mattnaik Lorekeeper

This is sort of a weird question so I hope I communicate it correctly. My main box crew is SK/RNG/SHM running with either healer/healer/caster or healer/caster/caster mercs depending on the difficulty.

About a month ago I created 2 new accounts and rolled an ENC and a MAG and got them to about 94 via dragging them along on DH HAs. I've come to realize they are pretty much worthless without any AAs. I've also come to realize that boxing more than 3 is too cumbersome for me.

So what I'm looking for is how I should transfer the accounts to the existing all-access accounts (SK,RNG,SHM) so I can form the best groups based on the total characters, get the auto-grant AAs and keep it to 3 boxes but still get a good variety of playstyle and functionality. What I was thinking was moving the ENC to the SHM account since there is a bit of overlap in functionality there. And then moving to the MAG to the RNG account since they are both DPS.

How does everyone else usually decide which toons to create on which accounts?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would just make new guys on the existing all access accounts. You mentioned you made the free ones a month ago so it doesn't take that long to get them up to level. If you choose to move the free ones its like $25 each? For me the money would be the issue. I have the time to level them. But if you were to move I agree with ENC to SHM.
  3. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Following up on CatsPaw, transferring is perhaps the most expensive. It has been a while but I think the $25 US is for same account transfer as in transfer from one server to a different server.

Alternatively, if your going to pay out money, you might want to consider doing Heroic Character counts instead.

You get superior equipment, all your spells up to level 85, all your AA's, a mount, 2x24 Slot 100% WR bags and other things. IF you delete the Heroic Character, then the Count becomes usable again. The HC Counts are account level and that means where you can create an HC then you can use it to create a HC.

As for mix, well I am naturally a loner so I create identical characters on 2 accounts:

Cleric(Buffer),
    Shaman(Buffer),
    Druid(Player/Porter),
    Ranger(Player),
    Beastlord(Player),
    Necromancer(Player),
    Mage(Player/Pet Toys),
    Enchanter(Player/Buffer),
    A Whim of the moment character(What ever I feel like)
    They are all HC enabled OR (Case of FV) they have counts to become HC at 85 OR I grow tired of PLing them.
  4. iVALADYANx That's a Necromancer

shm/enc and rng/mage, this will give u slowers on one and dps on other; while keeping a tank for grp - sk can split pull - may need to passive mercs.

if you only have sk with boxx mage/enc, for ha to PL both at the same ur dps will suffer, as long as u debuff mobs first the slow and nukes should land.

i rolled a wiz and did the solo grind before adding the chanter for crac, then i added the bst for more crac; plus pet tank...i would consider using sk and rng to run ha with mage and chanter on /follow before merging accts - again, debuff should land slows...