access to empyr

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bigpapa, Dec 23, 2018.

1. bigpapa Augur

ok, so my friend and myself got all 5 trials done, so we were going to get some tasks in empyr for our alts , so we took the trial of smoke , to be able to zone into empyr , but the gate in there was locked . nothing we could do to pass that . ( except having to kill another trial ) , we would do trial of three but that one avoid our mage pets ). another group from my guild had the same issue ( were stuck behind locked gate door ).

so we had to join and do a trial we didn t want to do because we wanted to continue our progressions with alts ...........

what a nightmare .... do we always have to do a trial if the gates are blocked ? or was it only a bug? we don't want to always have to do that. yes I know some can beat the trials very easy , while some others struggle to beat them.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Have someone that has at least one trial on lockout be the one to trigger the instance and zone in, and the door will be open. If you have one of the characters with no lockouts trigger/zone in first, it will be locked.
  3. Riou EQResource

You can jump around on the ledges, outside of the middle door to get around if the gate is blocked for whatever reason
  4. bigpapa Augur

well yeah, but when we were near empyr , we were sent back to zone in, there was no way to get close to empyr zone in, we had all the same lock on one trial ( trial of three ).

what a *&$$#@% when you are flagged to a zone but can't even go there.....
  5. Riou EQResource

Did the person who requested and/or zone in first have no lockouts? If so it uses their lockouts to determine which trials are up or down, if one is down and on lockout it should give you a message about being able to pass through
  6. bigpapa Augur

well no one had lockouts , and my box can't kill any trials ( well I will try the trial of three again, when I tried it was ignoring pet tank ) , I will see if I can get out of melee range into that small room .

** so no one had lock out , all got access to empyr zone ( flagged ), problem is I need to kill one trial to move on, and I already begged a raid tank to help me on that . I even gave him a krono for his kindness ( in FV ). since I thought being flagged to empyr I would be able to zone there anytime I would want to...........

I tried to jump around the ledge, it work good, but when I am going close to empyr zone in, it sent me back to zone in.. so I am flagged to empyr but can't enter that flagged zone..............

DB should have the gate open to anyone ,and if not flagged to empyr , we would need to beat at least one trial.

I don't want to have to beg for someone to help me every 2,5 days? , I am not in a guild there , well only mine and alts and some causuals who search for a guild to be able to use the guild portals, ect.

@ BTW I have seen other zones with my raiding toon from another server , and so far I like that expansion . only problem I have is all those who bought the expansion and are not able to kill a trial, or having to kill one every 2,5 days is the DEBIL .
  7. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It really is a stupid mechanic and I hope they rethink it after the holidays. There are 2 unused portals in Stratos. One could easily be used for an Empyr zone that requires flagging (same as the Esianti one).

Requiring a lockout for a task to get to a zone that you have access to is an awful design decision.

And before anyone chimes in, yes I know it's not an issue if you have beaten all 5 trials. That's not the problem.
  8. Glandga Journeyman

Tried now and same problem for my group. I /bug-ed in game.

I have this in my log:

Will try to do a Fight Fire later and check again.