Access to Empyr

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vinjin, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Accessible through the static or instanced Plane of Smoke provided you have completed at least one trial.

Here's the problem. Until you finally complete all five trials, you can only reach this zone through the instance. So if we want to work on Empyr progression, we have to open up a trial instance to get there. Now, let's say I gate out, drop the task, and log. I then log back in an hour later. I have no task. No one in my previous group is even still on however, the game won't give me a trial instance because it says my previous one still hasn't ended. Meaning, I now can't get to it at all until the old task eventually times out.

I get the logic behind the access and requirements. I just think the implementation is bad design. Some will say to simply focus on completing all of the trials first and then move on to Empyr. My response is, then why design it this way in the first place?

Is it possible to keep everything as is but add a zone in to Empyr from Stratos so that you don't need to create arbitrary instances just to get to it?
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you didn't have a Plane of Smoke task you should have been able to get a fresh one, this looks like a bug.

We have been dropping and getting fresh Plane of Smoke instances since the expansion went live and not had an issue.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I also discovered that if the person requesting your Smoke instance does not have a lockout for one of the trials, no one in the group can get to Empyr through that instance. Which is... annoying.

I agree about adding a zone into Empyr from Stratos. There's even an unused zone pad in the north, I think.
    Annastasya, Maedhros and Vinjin like this.
  4. Vinjin Lorekeeper

Yeah, I just think it's a bad design to require folks to open up instances for no other reason than to reach Empyr. Bugged instances can happen a few different ways that I've seen.

Seems like there must be a better way to allow access while still maintaining the flag requirements.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  5. Vinjin Lorekeeper

The PoS trials instance design itself is kind of odd in that it's set up as a generic "complete a trial you don't have" shared task. Once you're in there, you're basically relegated to reading third party websites to determine which path leads to which trial.

Sure, players will learn that over time, and the need for instances to reach Empyr will lessen as folks become flagged for the static PoS zone. That will take awhile though to permeate through the masses as they move through progression.

Once again, I just think that whole thing needs to be streamlined more and provide some additional details to what you're supposed to do in game with the trials.
    Syylke_EMarr likes this.
  6. Derka Power Ranger

Maybe it's an accident to be able to access it through the instance. They should probably remove it and make it so you need to complete the trials.
  7. Vinjin Lorekeeper

No because when you complete a trial, a message pops up like an update saying you can now continue on your progress or something along those lines. And then the doors leading to the Empyr zone in will open for you. Or at least supposed to open. We found it was 50/50 whether or not they actually did, which seemed like another bug.
  8. Cleaver Augur

It's bad design. You make players create instances and use resources server side that they don't need to use or waste. Its pretty simple put a door to the zone and if you complete 1 trial you can click the door. Stop making people create instances just to get across a zone.
    Vinjin, Kinadorm and Pirlo like this.
  9. Nazzden New Member

freaking sweet you only have access while you have the lockout, even if you beat a trial access only lasts as long as the lockout. this is stupid
    feeltheburn likes this.
  10. Moege Augur

You are going to love a later quest
    create instance do hail in it
    go back, create another instance (different one) hail
    go back then create yet another instance !

Within a space of about 10mins.

This genius of a quest "Royal Visits"
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

and the instances are only up for 2 minutes, you forgot that part..
  12. Moege Augur

Zone in did the hail then kicked the task so though that the kick triggered the 2min. Never considered that it was 2mins from zoning in.
  13. Poonghie New Member

There is a bug here with Empyr access in some cases.

Situtation:

3 players complete a trial.
    All have "Adventurer of .." achievement completed for access to Empyr
    Obviously, we just finished a trial, so we all have a lockout.
    One player cannot zone in to Empyr. <~ Bug!?

Had him drop & reget PoSmoke instance, relog, no change.

Lockout visible in Alt-Z window, Adventurer achievemnt linked and verified complete.

This lockout stuff isn't nailed down yet.