AC

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roxxanna, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Roxxanna Augur

I spend ALOT of plat boosting my ac with metal orbs, doughnuts,tribute etc., is it really helping? Or is it another TISSUE OF LIES?!!? :)
  2. Mugsie Elder

Long partial answer in this thread:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/ac-vs-acv2.210028/

(ty again Dzarn for that post)

Shorter answer, everyone is way over softcap with gear, so everyone is getting reduced return on every point of AC other than SHIELD SLOT AC. At 30% return, clerics aren't the worst, but unless you try and run battle cleric, hp/ma are the stats most worry about.

So it helps, but I wouldn't bother sinking into it over HP/MA unless you are actively getting hit for some reason.

Mugs
  3. porky Augur

I was going to link the same thing. Important things to note from that apparently Trib and Food AC count like shield AC, and aren't rounded. I do not think power sources count to this as they modify your worn armour which is rounded.
  4. Crystilla Augur

Mugsie, Roxxy is the current battle cleric queen :) Think the last was Llu.
  5. Zaknaffein Augur

6. sojero One hit wonder

Roxx, we can talk in game about this, and I can help you run some tests if you want to see if it is helping.

Also, please don't spend to much plat on that stuff, I can make a ton of it (maxed trade skills) , and will only charge costs :) and I have tons of mats laying around.... darn this hoarder mentality.
    Obiziana likes this.
  7. Roxxanna Augur

"unless you are actively getting hit for some reason."

Let's just say I spend a lot of time getting in trouble, be it from pretending to be a warrior , or just standing in the wrong spot. If I can survive an extra hit or two, I have more time to hit Divine Peace.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

Mykaylla.
    Beimeith, Edrick and Elricvonclief like this.
  9. Roxxanna Augur

Ouch.....I just bought 80 metal orbs in Baz, I go through them like Skittles, and I can't say anything about hoarding, Roxxie hoards diamonds......a lot......it's bad.......
  10. Roxxanna Augur

I'm just queen of getting in trouble.
  11. SaderakhBertox Augur

Do you have a bard in the box team, Roxx?
  12. Roxxanna Augur

I made a heroic Bard and have her to 90, but don't get a lot of time to level her. So, yes, and no.
  13. silku Augur

I'd try to get into combine dredge and get some of those power sources off the named. I use them when I have to take hits on my chanter.
    RPoo likes this.
  14. Crystilla Augur

Doh. How can I forget Mykaylla. Probably because she's been more well rounded in knowledge of everything and talks much less about her battle cleric stuff.
  15. Karhar Dream Crusher

I'm pretty much an ac/hp cleric so i like my ac!
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Roxx go clear solteris. Then metals are free.

And Yeh Karhar I went the same way on my cleric. Especially since mana is rarely an issue.
  17. Karhar Dream Crusher

Only time a cleric needs mana is when their dead twice in 10 minutes.. or tower of rot
  18. Drakang Augur

Course if you need AC you should find a better tank.
  19. Ravengloome Augur

There are plenty of scenarios where clerics getting hit is unavoidable or actually helpful. Especially with Negation of Subtlety.

There has been many times a helpful cleric friend of mine has helped me by off tanking a mob or locking something down while I worry about something else.

And some clerics have to solo/molo and one of the less boring (in some peoples opinions) is for them to tank and have a wizard merc on burn.

Or if your doing old raid content, sometimes you can't drag a second tank along, or whatever and someone needs to eat ramp. Clerics are pretty resilient and good for that job too.

Its all about being Multi Dimensional. And not just getting tunnel vision and saying "this is what i do, and this is all i am ever going to do"
    silku likes this.
  20. Lighteningrod Augur

Cleric with DA hammer makes a great ramp tank, provided you don't need it for heals.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.