AC vs Heroic Agi/Dex

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Brosa, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Brosa Augur

I'm splitting hairs I'm sure but if my understanding of heroics are correct, should I should sacrifice 10-15 ac for the next increment of heroic dex/agi.

Heroic Agility: Increases chance to doge by 1% and bonus to defensive skill per 25 Hagi
    Heroic Dexterity: Increases chance to riposte, block and parry by 0.8% =1.6% mitigation per 25 Hdex
  2. Warpeace Augur

My opinion

Heroic Agility is kinda a joke for the return of - Increases chance to doge and bonus to defensive skill per 25 Hagi

Heroic Dexterity is the best option because you get the 3 defensive checks - Increases chance to riposte, block and parry per 25 Hdex

Keep in mind at some point there will be diminished returns.
  3. Repthor Augur

keep i mind the block check on dex dosent effect shield block so that check only applys to monks and bsts

so u get 2 from dex. but dex also effects proc chance
  4. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

This is true for Test Dummies, but is unfortunately not true for trash mobs or raid mobs.

Parse results from a while ago (140 HDEX difference of my bard tanking an Arx Mentis trash mob):

[IMG]

My Riposte/Parry chance has no significant difference when I'm using an entire set of HDEX augs vs no HDEX augs at all.
    HAGI on the other hand, does provide a small bonus to Miss % (see post).

I would keep the 10-15 AC, ignore HDEX, and stack HAGI if I really wanted to min/max.
  5. Riou EQResource

Just something that the Devs need to look at as a result of always increasing mobs stats blindly, same reason raid mobs basically have 95% accuracy now :p (which is better then the 100% for like the entire last year I guess)
    Iila likes this.
  6. Kamea Augur

I have a feeling that if people parsed the AC benefit of hAgl, even in large amounts, they'd walk away underwhelmed.
  7. Ravengloome Augur

I just stack heroic charisma for the elite %increase to rare items when I loot.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's the EQ version of Diablo's % increase to find "magic" items? Time to regear as a MF toon!
    Skewert and RPoo like this.
  9. Koryu Professional Roadkill

You just increased chance to doge by 100%.

[IMG]
  10. Silentchaos Augur

People stack hAgi thinking they're getting extra AC. In reality they're getting only an avoidance bonus, which gets rolled into your displayed AC number https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/ac-vs-acv2.210028/#post-3078126 but does nothing for your mitigation AC.

Latest parses ive seen show dex doing nothing for parry rate and only helping with riposte by about the same amount hAgi increases dodge. They're roughly identical for damage reduction right now.

Now, if hDex were fixed and worked on parry also, it would be the clear winner. Add the fact that hAgi does nothing for your damage output and hDex does, its the best choice. hAgi is for people who care about their magelo, hDex is for people who care about having a powerful character.
  11. Random_Enchanter Augur

Your partially correct here.
    Agility gets rolled into your displayed AC. But it also factors into your Mitigation AC
    so your Agi, both heroic and normal, factors into both your displayed and mitigation AC.

Having built a mitigation AC calculator from Dzarn's post (both the way he posted and derived off displayed AC) I can honestly say that AGI matters for both computed defense and mitigation AC.

Computed defense gains much more from Agi though, ~25% vs ~5%. And Per Dzarn it is one of the primary factors in the DI distribution

Quoting the relevant section from Dzarn. . .

12. Silentchaos Augur

Each point of heroic agility gets divided by 20 in the agility bonus of your AC Sum, then gets multiplied by 0.33 for knights or 0.35 for warriors computing your Mitigation AC. It's nothing.

The most dex-heavy tank on magelo has 444 hAgi, the most agi-heavy tank on magelo has 489 hAGI. The difference is 45 hAgi or 2.25 * 0.33 = <1 Mitigation AC.
  13. Kamea Augur

The actual benefit from either agl or hAgl AC was so minimal that it wasn't enough to register on parses hence people thought agl AC was fake before Dzarn's post. I have yet to see any reason to believe that agl/hAgl AC will produce an in game mitigation benefit.
  14. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Are you saying hAgi doesn't have a parseable benefit or that the AC portion of hAgi isn't parseable? I'm in the process of gearing up a chanter with hAgi augs and was wondering if I should instead choose something else. Thank you!
  15. Silentchaos Augur

We are saying the AC portion of hAgi isn't parseable. The dodge% portion definitely is.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  16. Random_Enchanter Augur

Gear up your enchanter for Hagi. The only other beneficial stats to aug for are spell damage and HPs for enchanters.

As i mentioned, then clarified by you, the gain to AC is ~5% before class AC factors from agility.

What your not factoring in is the ~25% gain to computed defense. Which is used to help determine your DI factor per hit. Relevant Dzarn quote:
    What we don't know is how this computed defense is used in the DI distribution, and how much computed defense is approximately equal to one DI factor based off the relevant mob's computed attack. Granted we could gain a minor understand with lots of parsing of various levels of computed defense and mitigation AC but we would never really know if it is the gain in AC or the gain in computed defense that is lowering the DI spread.
  17. Brohg Augur

Computed Defense is not used at all whatsoever in DI distribution.
    Silentchaos likes this.
  18. Silentchaos Augur

As Brohg said, thats not what Computed Defense does, CD is whether or not you get hit, AC sum/mitigation AC is what weighs the 1-20 roll for which DI will hit.
  19. Random_Enchanter Augur

then can either of you two tell me as to the exact formula that its used in? If not i'm going to chose to believe my interpretation what Dzarn said, which i quoted above.
  20. Silentchaos Augur

Where on earth do you get DI distribution out of "Think of the 'Computed Defense' as 'Avoidance AC', it is basically how hard it is to land a hit on you"