AC valued too little or other stats too highly?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by svann, Dec 23, 2017.

1. svann Augur

Looking at the stats on the TS int shoulder compared to the AC shoulder something seems out of whack. The int shoulder gives up 37 AC in return for 2 Hint. Does that make any sense to int classes? Int shoulder also loses 12 spell damage. wth? Does anyone even wear that? I would think casters should get more Hint and more mana in return for giving up AC.
  2. Nniki Augur

The stat allocation across gear honestly doesn't make sense to me.

Stats are so close together on certain item slots that picking one over the other is negligible, or there's a stat like AC so great that there's no incentive to pick the others due to how similar the other stats are.
  3. Vlerg Augur

I didn't even notice to be honest.

I care about the focus effect... but 30 AC , 2 Hint or 10 spell damage change so little I couldn't care less about it.

magelo padder maybe?
  4. Brohg Augur

run that 30ac through the caster softcap, see what the real tradeoff is
  5. svann Augur

If you are saying there is a formula I could use to check it, I dont have that but Id be delighted to be informed.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

There was a post by I believe Dzarn about a year or two ago. At least covered AC formula
  7. Brohg Augur

8. AlmarsGuides Augur

I dont have the formula for AC but I can show you the one for spell damage: http://everquest.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Damage_(Equipment_Stat)

2 Ac vs 12 spell damage the AC will basically always win. Spell Damage has been the red headed step child of EQ for many many years. It's deceptive because you'd assume it's useful - except it like isn't at all.