AC Mitigation changes and Progression Servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machentoo, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Machentoo Augur

So this was in the patch notes:
    This was combined with a change in weapon stances to (supposedly) counteract the change for tanks.
    The only problem is that at level 85, tanks do not get weapon stances, so these changes are not relevant, only the increase in base softcap is relevant.
    Daybreak, did you even for a second consider the impact this would have to further trivialize progression servers playing through Seeds of Destruction and Underfoot expansions?
    You have already given us more than twice the dps we should have for these expansions. Now you are giving us significantly more mitigation on top of this? Really?
    Please think through how these changes will affect ALL your servers in the future.
  2. Chaosflux Augur

It scales with level 6% softcap at 85 isn't that much TBH.
  3. Machentoo Augur

6% softcap for tanks in underfoot is HUGE.

Only 8 guilds ever beat it in era. I was the guild leader (at the time) for guild #8. We already had it, in many ways, easier than 6 of the 8 guilds that came before us. I would have sold my left nut for a 6% softcap increase for our tanks. 6% softcap increase is basically around the same amount of AC boost you get for a full expansion of gear at this point.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

I agree obviously they should patch in as released versions of all the events to offset player power creep.
  5. Machentoo Augur

It is an easy fix to make this change apply only once tank weapon stances are introduced. They just need to bump the level a bit. And they have years yet to do it before it will affect any of the newer progression servers.
  6. Chaosflux Augur

Snark from my last post aside.

I actually agree with you. It should have just been made a passive AA flagged to COTF with 0 cost, or tied to that expansion.
    Machentoo likes this.
  7. Zinth Augur

please don't make them break the servers again, we already had enough issues with CoA... We just want to play and enjoy the game and who cares if tanks get a little help, Underfoot was one of the hardest expansions ever (not including original GoD)
  8. snailish Augur

Interesting thread.

Underfoot being hard is more of a sell on progression than being easier I would think.*

Boosting 85+ AC on live servers makes sense too, but that adjustment being strategically era-locked makes the most sense to me. By the way it was implemented it sounds global and not easily restrictable though?

*the dedicated raiders want the challenge, the casual group content players that remain that far on progression don't tend to do raid content in-era anyways imo.
  9. Chaosflux Augur

Underfoot much like GOD isn't that hard after the tunings.

Though retubed UF is vastly more difficult then retubed GOD in skill requirements.

It is (easily) fixable in the way I laid out. There are probably other ways as well. Now whether that is as easy as it looks on paper is up for argument.

It a probably more lacking of foresight in how it would possibly affect progression.

However in the devs defense, originally stances were flagged Underfoot, which shows (maybe) They understand how much raw power those abilities would have on progression, since they have since been changed to COTF to unlock. So a similar change for the base softcap isn't unwarranted to believe they will change.
  10. -wycca Augur

At the rate things go on TLP servers, I'd be more concerned about 1) guilds making it to underfoot, 2) guilds not folding (including during underfoot), and 3) guilds continuing on (past underfoot). The last two examples of TLP servers have now ground to a stop, so I'd be more concerned about that personally If anything, an ac advantage would seem to enhance this unless there's only 1 hardcore guild left.
  11. Zinth Augur

they could begin with not launching a new TLP every 6 month which drains the already existing ones since that is the newest buzz... Phinny was sprawling but BAM Agnarr... drained like 1/3rd the playerbase... and the old ones gets to die so there is like 5 people on them at peak hours before they are "helped"/merged or killed.

not to mention how fresh RF/LJ was when they announced Phinny and that pretty much instantly killed both servers instead of just added instanced to them (which we asked for to begin with) so of course people left for Phinny so they could raid without the OW hassle of training, and so on
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Tlp servers will continue to kill one another if they keep releasing so soon. But with a company so out of touch with the end user this is ready to rationalize. Im sure it's the best money maker for the eq division.
  13. Machentoo Augur

It would be nice to think that if guilds do manage to stick it out, they will have at least one challenging expansion. Something remotely difficult at some point in the entire progression.

But I am also concerned about what you bring up, and have posted extensively concerning it. So, allow me to have more than one issue!
    snailish likes this.
  14. -wycca Augur

No worries - I am in/would love to be in that hardcore guild if it came down to *1*. Frankly, if it wasn't for things like PoP Inny in Kunark, Motm 1.0 CT in Velious, Motm Bazzt Zzzt 1.0, and insanely low # splits, then I'd find TLP raiding to be unbearably boring probably. As much as I'd like to add 50-100% difficulty to everything, doing so would leave alot less population for us to play with, and ultimately, a healthy server is better than a ghost town.

I'd dearly love to repeat hard GoD, the versions of Frostcrypt & Solteris that Triality got to see and nobody else really did, etc - without the benefit of power-ups. But I guess it's fun enough now with the splits, and in a way that's probably good - nobody would be able to gear up if things were as hard in these shortened timelines. Not been a major issue so far, but will certainly be post SoF IMO if splits aren't a thing.
    snailish likes this.