AC/HP over Mana?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Gundolin, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Gundolin Augur

My current Unbuffed mana pool is only about 146K so I think its fairly small compared to many. But still its been a long time since I ran out of mana without either dying or being hit by a big mana drain. So I was thinking I should probably start looking more at AC/HP on Augs over Heroic Wisdom and the like but not sure. I try to follow the ABC's of cleric Raiding - Always Be Casting. And mana really isn't an issue. (unless I die).

In a group situation where I am doing a lot more nuking mana is used faster, but still I generally funnel QM to BL's or other DPS classes to kill faster, and can personally stay ahead of mana with just Yaulp and VP.

At one point do you stop worrying about mana? (If ever).
  2. Chaosflux Augur

IDK I threw 2 AC augs in my 2.0 when I got it back in 05 and never looked back.

Its never been a problem (though my cleric hasn't been a main in years), all my type 5's are HAGI focused as well.

I can't imagine it being a problem on raids with glyphs, paragons, etc
  3. Reht The Dude abides...

You do realize that you have already answered your own question? If you aren't running out of it now and can effective do the job in whatever role you play, be it raid or group, then you can probably stop worrying about it for the moment.
    Gundolin and Chaosflux like this.
  4. mackal Augur

If you do your job and really don't slack at all and you still have mana at the end of the encounter, you have too much mana :p
  5. Tucoh Augur

I've selected wisdom for my type 5s on my new boxed cleric, but even without any mana AAs, no alteration specialization aug, not using buff bots, no mana recovery weapons and half-EoK geared I don't have mana issues.

Unless I incorporate undying light in my multibind. Which costs like 800mana/tick (not sure after focus effects).

I'm debating now whether I want to try to gear up the cleric (and be disciplined with my buff bots, mod rods etc) with +mana enough to use undying light for long enough that I can cast it until a break happens, or if I should ditch that dicho and focus purely on survivability.
  6. Brohg Augur

I don't multibind Undying as a group cle, even in "pour it on" mode. I have an open spot IN my multibind, just for Undying, but that's for joining raids, when a rotation can be set up to use Undying's buff well. In groups, I use Undying as my go-to group heal, which in normal play is just when following up Shield/Arbitration.