About that time..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xenze, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Xenze Elder

It’s abour that time where the new xpac to drop in the next couple months. What I’m trying to figure out is why is my best way to prepare for that?

I have a bit of a selection of toons: 110 SK (20k AA) / 110 Warrior (14k AA) / 110 Enchanter (18k AAs) / 110 Mage (16k AAs) / 107 Ranger (14.5k AA) / 107 Druid (14k AAs) / 106 Shaman (Auto-Grant)

Tanks are a mix of Conflag/RoS t1 gear, everyone else is fairly decked out in full Conflag.

Should I go on and push for full RoS t2 gear/augs to close the gear gap between RoS and future xpac, or would I get more mileage out of grinding out as many AAs as I can in the following months?

If I can find a decent spot to do both, I will. But farming AAs in EoK t2 zones seems to move by so much smoother haha. Not sure if the AAs I can get in the next few months will over power the gear difference or not though =/ and with next expansion that means more AAs to try to catch up on
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

My guess is AA.
    Xenze likes this.
  3. Nifty Slacker Augur

I think your crew needs some aa more than anything. Your DPS classes, except for the enchanter, are all in the mid teens with aa, so there's a lot of room for improvement in dps and probably healing ability too. If you need type 5's, try to get a cactus mission started once a day, or get ta'd if possible just for the currency. Then you can stack whatever stats you want for your tanks with the non-lore augs.
    Xenze likes this.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

have you looked at what EXP you get doing the EOK HA's for the
    Sathir Trade Gem

coin for Slot 5 augs for your toons.
    might be a chance of EOK named for gear.
  5. Rachle Shammy New Member

I didn't know they had announced a new expansion for 2018.
  6. Derd Augur

They havent announced a date but that one is coming is pretty common knowledge.
  7. Xenze Elder

Conflag gear > EoK t2 gear :( and no I haven't looked into the exp return on HAs yet...I will definitely do that though!
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Then type 5 augs bought with this currency are not lore like the conflagrant ones, so you can load up on heroics you truly care about.
  9. segap Augur

Considering you're not max level on most of them all nor anywhere close to max AA and appear to spend more time in eok zones than ros, I'd recommend just continuing to do what you're doing. You don't seem to be a person that has to be in current content with the latest and greatest of everything. Just keep going at your pace doing whatever you find fun. If you're looking for new challenges, set goals for what you'd enjoy doing.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  10. Xenze Elder

How do they compare to the TBM augs?

I’d like to spend more time in those RoS zones, but I’m unfamiliar with them. And although I don’t mind dying (more of a nuisance trying to get back to my camp than anything). I also feel a little bit under powered in those zones as well. Granted it’s not supposed to feel like an EoK zone, but I feel like my tanks drop pretty dang quick.

And also being unfamiliar comes with the possibility of training other people :( or interrupting camps
  11. Daedly Augur

Holy Marry, mother of God, I did not realize that those augs were not lore..... I am glad I read this and boy do I now feel stupid for not stacking up on them. Lots of mission farming in my future.
    IblisTheMage and Nifty Slacker like this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions