About Prestige Items - (once again ...)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Selar, Jul 11, 2015.

1. DrAxe Journeyman

Thats one of the main things it would fix, if people want useful high level boxes they would have to sub, or deal with lacking gear. Yes i also agree the auto grant is a severe issue in this, easy fix, if no renew sub, lose all auto grant AA's. Yes i also know they want to box there armies and not have to pay to sub there accounts, these changes would help deter that.

I also know exactly who you are, and the guild you run. I play on Xegony also.
    complexication likes this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

(disclaimer my accounts are gold)

I'd like to see prestige items that go back as far as free to play goes back unlocked. Or maybe one expansion prior.

It's pretty silly that I could equip my FTP character in cotf T1 raid gear, but not SoD T3 raid gear.
    Kaenneth and Mayfaire like this.
  3. Selar New Member

Yes, this is what I meant with this post.
    I you ve a F2P account, then you skip T3/T4 and go to next T1 expansion.
    You can even buy the new expansion, get the new T1 gear, and still can't use the old gear which is a non-sense.
  4. Goth Augur

Old Prestiege gear really only has one use. Tribute...

Wish i could give it to my F2P alts of alts and such. Have to buy or farm T1 gear for them

Set all prestige gear up to including the F2P expansion to non-prestige would be fine.

Nothing in RoF is better than what you can F2P buy and or wear in CoTF + TDS.
  5. Laronk Augur

How are free to play people who are level 100 or what ever a problem? Why are you wanting to hurt the playerbase? If you take free to play from some people they're just going to quit they aren't going to sub. Free to play IS the model of the future. There's very few free to play box armies running around and it's unlikely that they ruin your experience in the game.
  6. complexication Kassina

Well, I could play the 'boxing with an inflated ego has been ruining the experience of the game since it started to be widely popular to do' card, but...

From an economic standpoint, yes making this blasted 'prestige stripping' box would be more profitable than say subbing a metric truckload of accounts. But on a business standpoint, it hurts the company.

Prestige items are prestige for a reason, and it's one of the few incentives left given to paid players.
    You take the incentives away from players who rightfully pour however much money they do into this game, we're the ones hurt - not the f2p players. We're the ones cancelling our subscriptions, we're the ones leaving.
    And doing that will make the game no longer profitable to maintain and the game we all love dies.
  7. Laronk Augur

Personally i think tier 1 items are fine for free to play people but EQ2 has the prestige stripping box, I think that EQ1 would of had it if it was easy to implement.
  8. DrAxe Journeyman

Well for one, they choose to not group, because they have there boxes and mercs.

I am not thinking about hurting the playerbase, i would just rather weed out the ones who refuse to support the game they obviously love to play. With what i have suggested, people could still try the game out for free, and still have access to 90% of the game, in a much more enjoyable fashion then now, because up to level 85 there would be NO item restrictions. When they would reach that level, they would then have to decide, to sub, or not to sub and be severely crippled, with no gear upgrades, which would still be playable, if they so chose.
  9. Laronk Augur

If you create a situation where no matter what free to play people are worse then mercs then people would not group with free to play people. There's a reason they didn't put a level cap on free to play its so there's more people to play with at higher levels.

The people that box and won't group with you still won't group with your because they're playing the way they want to play if they can't box as many they'll just play with their friends. While we're at it why don't we remove mercs in the current expansion you seem to have a problem with people who use mercs too.

I think that you should join a guild or make some friends if you're having problems grouping. Like I said above FTP is the way of the future in DBG's eyes, all of their games are free to play on some level (a level that you can pretty much enjoy all of the content)

It's not just DBG that thinks free to play is the way to go you can see it in MOBAS, RIOT makes close to a billion a year now in revenue, Blizzard's heroes of the storm is free, lots of MMO's are going FTP. Removing free to play from people above level 85 (which is pretty much what you're suggesting as the game is unplayable in level 85 gear at level 105) would be a step backwards for Daybreak.

TL;DR it's not going to happen, your idea is the opposite of where gaming is going.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Heh heh and who would you be?
  11. DrAxe Journeyman

People already do NOT want to group with them. Its a pretty well known fact that people wish they could tell the difference between Silver characters and Gold/All Access. I totally agree with this, why would any group of 100+'s want some 450 AA level 105 of any class, yet alone an important class.

I do not have a problem with mercs persay, though they made them to good, and to easy to replace players. At the very least, they should have capped mercs to 1 per group, maybe 2 if theres 4 players. This would atleast help groups have more players, and might help to fix the afk merc farmers.

Already in a guild currently, thanks though.

The game would not be unplayable to FTP at higher levels, though they would be severely limited, atleast until the next level cap expansion, which i would expect they would be allowed up to level 90 gear.

If a game is going to be FTP, which i do not have a problem with, i have loved some FTP games Diablo and POE. Then it should be FTP across the board. I would say EQ would not have been a good game to go completely FTP, but that would be OLD EQ, where mounts and illusions were supposed to be hard to get, especcially the most desired ones, and most players did not care to much how they looked, as long as their weapons were nice looking, most of all epics. Nowadays you can get all those from LON or the store.

I also never said it was going to happen, i am pretty secure in the thought it never will, just voicing a rant more then anything, as what we have now is very flawed system.
  12. Lighteningrod Augur

Do you know something the rest of us don't?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. DrAxe Journeyman

uh, no why?
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Not disagreeing there. But see my earlier comment. What is really prestige?
    I can outfit my FTP alt in T1 cotf raid gear (pretty sweet gear for an alt/FTP)
    I cannot outfit my FTP alt in SOD T4 raid gear(about equivalent to garbage)
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And then why would anyone care that it's prestige if its crap? Just saying. So the crap argument doesnt hold water. If the gear is crap it's not worth dev time to make it non prestige. If it's not crap then it shoudl stay prestige. Either way it shoudn't change. Just saying.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  16. Selar New Member

Bah easier way then would be to unlock Prestige for a char with single cash paiement in DB store -> low dev. And then old expansion can be interesting again for F2P.

Current situation is I can't understand you pay i.e. 3 month gold, then stop, do a break, and when back you can't use the items you spent so long to win without subcribbing a complete month - this make the game expansive. In EQ You must be a hardcore player or you are not...

I guess it ends the Post
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Easier way is to just leave things they way they are.

Current situatin I can't understand is someone pays for a subscription, takes a break, then expects to get the benefits of a subscription without paying for one. Craziness I say. Craziness.
  18. Unkynd Journeyman

What they should do is change prestige gear to be equippable by F2P players, but at reduced stats.

So you get a TDS Raid BP - for a Paying Player it gives 4238 HP, for a F2P player it gives 2882 HP.

So for the TDS Tunic example it would say
    HP : 2882 (4238)

And do that for each stat. Then the F2P player would have incentive to acquire prestige gear, which would tempt them to go All Access. It would also give people that let their account expire incentive to play, which can get them rehooked to go all access.
  19. Kacman Augur

I support the idea of removing the Prestige flag from all GROUP gear up to HoT(maybe even VoA) I would never support raid gear losing this flag. In fact ALL raid gear should be Prestige flagged.

I do not understand the request for a container, sold in the marketplace, to strip the Prestige flag from items. Even if the container is 500 SC(of course it would cost more), it would cost 10k SC to get a full set of gear. For $100, you could purchase a year gold membership to have all the prestige gear you want, unlimited AAs, 6k free SC, and 60 free LoN packs.

Anyone that would willingly pay to have the prestige flag removed, over paying for a gold membership, needs to have their head examined.
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

You're beating a dead horse.
    It's already been noted (twice) that EQ2 has such a container.
    If it could be easily made / sold for EQ1 - I'm sure they would do it.
    As you pointed out - it's an easy cash grab.
    -Rat