Ability to Resurrect Group Member while other Group Members battle Beasties.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ceyarrecks, May 27, 2018.

1. Ceyarrecks New Member

As opposed to the arbitrary decision to attempt to force the group to wipe by preventing the resurrection of a group member during any combat, there should be the ability to encourage the "thrill of success" in the recovery of the fallen group member during combat which results in the defeat of the beasty/encounter.

I would ask if those that agree put their votes on the following DBG Issue Tracker:

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-2086
  2. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

I think things are fine as they are. Get you and your friends to grab some Rez tokens if you need. Otherwise there is already battle rezes and calls along with 90% Rez stick. More than enough in my opinion. If wipes are a often occurance then perhaps the content is a bit to tough for your toons currently and you would benefit making some more friends to help you out, or box more effectively or just go to easier content if needed.

Don’t want the ability to just “Zerg” stuff by all classes being able to battle Rez or such. Good play should be rewarded. (Yes my main is raid geared which makes many things trivial especially if you know how to optimally press buttons etc), but I have many group geared alts to draw experience from as well.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I'm very confused by this. You can already resurrect during combat, in a multitude of different ways.

Unless you are specifically referring to mercs not rezzing during combat, in which case... I wouldn't trust them to try to do that anyways. You're better off getting some rez tokens and doing it yourself while the merc tries to heal people.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I res people all the time during combat if they happen to die. Not sure what you mean other than what Syylke is talking about, Mercs. If you want res's during battle... real healer is your way to go.
  5. Angahran Augur

Add me to the confused list.

Although it would be nice if Paladins got a 'call' they could use in combat.
    After the 10th or so 90% rez it starts to hurt :p
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I'm thinking he means give Mercs the ability to battle Rez. I would like to see them be able to battle Rez as well. I would suggest rewording your Issue tracker post to be more specific, as it is now it will never get enough votes or be interpreted correctly to be fixed.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Angahran Augur

How about just make friends with a cleric or druid ?
  8. Tegila Augur

unless i missed something, druids cant do a real rez during battle either, call yes but who keeps that loaded when you have aa rez with xp? or the paladin thing. clerics only ones that can do a REAL rez in battle outside a token, and tokens take forever to cast so not good in battle either
  9. Moege Augur

Wrong on both counts.

Druid and shaman have Call of the Wild AA no spell need to be loaded.
    Necro can do 96% rez during battle
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. DaciksBB Augur

Shamans and druids can also use the rez stick from OMM for an in-battle rez
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Slippry like this.
  11. Perplexed Augur

Rejuvenation of Spirit (druid 96 rez) cannot be used in combat. Only Call of the Wild (return to corpse, long refresh) and Staff of Forbidden Rites (90 rez) can be used in combat by druids.
    In EQ only a cleric player can 96% battle rez.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Angahran Augur

13. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Aside from the measily exp difference from a 90 and a 96% rez, the AA call is better in battle as you land with 4-5k mana/end to get back in the fight with. After the smoke clears you can then rez the “called” corpse.
  14. Dewey Augur

I'm pretty sure necro's can battle rez for 96%
  15. Moege Augur

That is correct, 30second cooldown on the AA
  16. Siny Augur

Really really not an issue. Getting xp back has been easy for a very long time now. I never have any objections to me battle rezzing, and its certainly not unusual for me to do it whilst tanking even during raiding (as long as the corpse is close). If I happen to have my druid alt in group with me, then I call and friends are very happy to get back into battle quickly cause they then dont loose out on xp. A battle rez is a small loss in comparison.

Xp has been so easy this expan that I have asked a friend to sacrifice me more than a few times now.

Wipes are part of the challenge and thrill of the game. We really dont need further nerfing of the game cause it diminishes these aspects. Recovery can take many forms and figuring out how to get back can be its own fun.
  17. Perplexed Augur

My apologies to all the necro's who have rez'ed me.....I forgot necro's in my previous post :(
    Yinla likes this.