AB problems continue

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axxius Augur

Trakanon. Apparently that server still exists. Even after all the crying that it's a ghost town, it still hasn't been merged with another server. Merge it with AB, and rename it Antonius Bayle. Same name, no need to transfer, but it'll be a US based server. Higher ping from EU, but perhaps Daybreak can make some arrangements for faster routing. Getting rid of all the issues that have been plaguing AB for years (not just crashes, but patching woes and instance woes) should be totally worth it.
    Sputnik_Stan and Imrahil like this.
  2. Motherlee Augur

Ridiculous! I'm sorry sorry sorry for you all.
  3. Elricvonclief Augur

Ouch, that would be so frustrating.

I hope they resolve this soon, I really feel for you folks.
    Motherlee likes this.
  4. Imrahil Augur

The fact that we still clear everything despite having to constantly reassemble the raid after crashes, cancel raid nights early and restart scripts multiple times might tell you that we really WANT to raid. People on the Euro server are as dedicated as those from the US, but are treated like second class citizens of Norrath. Once you lose us due to this horrible performance, the chances are slim that you win us back (and that includes other DBG games).
  5. Iila Augur

RIP EQ's euro community.
    Imrahil likes this.
  6. halrick New Member

i ask for a REFUND for past 2 months subscriptions for all players in AB, since we cant play since 2 months.
  7. Mizar Lorekeeper

RELEVANT INFO

Well we don't have a clue how servers and processes and systems are set up, but this is what I can deduce, and I am pretty sure of it after days and days suffering the issue:

The issue is a resource that gets drained from time to time (leak, loop, lock ... ), be it CPU, Database accesses, Bandwith usage, Memory, Disk, Stacks, no idea what of those.

What game systems are unaffected: combat, hits, miss, spell casting etc, in game channels, zone life (no 'static' zone nor instance crashes)

What game systems are affected: log ins, zoning, chat channels, tells, quest updates, status updates, group management (invites, raid tools etc), even log in task list the server as 'down' when the server is up, probably trying to poll the server for status but the server is unable to answer him in time

I assume whatever resource may be starts to be used from zero and whatever the issue is it causes siad resource to not be 'released' or get 'blocked' until it starts to get scarce, then the said systems get visibly affected until a point the server cant feed the clients in time, past some minutes the server closes/terminates/restarts such system and all comes back operational as the resource has been freed

I wish I could point to what the resource is and what causes the resource usage to get critical, btu thats all I can deduce

Then again, I may be clueless, just guessing from user experience
  8. Lheo Augur

DBG working hard to going out of Bussiness in europe it SEEMS.....
  9. Imrahil Augur

I have just canceled my sub. My account will continue to run till November, that should be ample time to get this sorted. Right?
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.