AB problems continue

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adroxia Elder

5.09pm London time.

Just booted from server exactly the same as past 2 weeks :(

Please please please stop this happening!
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. Reval Augur

good luck, my euro-pine friends =(
  3. BoingyBoing Journeyman

The eu server needs some love, fix it please.
    Motherlee likes this.
  4. Sonal New Member

And again just now ... for real you need to take a better look at this server
    Yinla and Motherlee like this.
  5. Sonal New Member

And now the server is unplayable - there is huge server lag all over the place ....
  6. Shogan Journeyman

just had an Heroic Adv. where we were almost done with step 3 all the while step 2 was just starting updating .....
  7. cadres Augur

That's at least four times we've been booted today and a night's raiding lost
    We can't do our quests for fear of rollbacks
    And worst of all - DB sees fit to say absolutely nothing about it
    There's no excuse for the complete lack of information - it just says you have nothing but contempt for those who pay your wages
    Motherlee likes this.
  8. Motherlee Augur

My sympathies. I know you guys are really being neglected/screwed over. Wish we could do more than just 'like' your complaints.
  9. Deillusional Augur

The Antonious Bayle server stability is very bad at the moment. It either crashes the zone, disconnects you from the zone, or the server crashes every 50-120 minutes. This effects both static zones and instanced zones. With the expansion around the corner many of my guild mates, are not trusting you to fix this problem and wont buy the expansion until if ever this is fixed. Also when you are in the zone it is extremely laggy with tells/guild etc taking about 5 minutes to come through. Actions via the character seems laggy too, (charming, mezzing, nuking etc).

So what is your plan for fixing this server? And in what timescale, as we do not want to see the situation where we couldnt even create instances for like 9 months a few years ago again.
    Momentum, Yinla and Imrahil like this.
  10. charla Lorekeeper

This is SHOCKING even if you don't know what is causing the problem DB you must tell us every couple of days where you are going with the investigation. This is nursery level customer service.
    Motherlee and cadres like this.
  11. Kolbayn Journeyman

Disconnected and booted to character select screen 20 mins ago .

Yesterday I did a HA with a friend and it took so long to register that we had done one of the steps of the task that we were thinking of restarting - random zones deny entry everywhere , messages that I can't do something because I am "out of sync " , huge lag spikes , disconnections , hardly anyone in the bazaar - the game is almost unplayable for us on AB !!
    cadres likes this.
  12. Tyraxor Augur

Grow some balls and stop supporting them, if you play on AB.
    I would rather play anything else or stare at an empty wall, than sending these people more money for the next expansion etc. We have this situation now because too many kept supporting them when it went on a downward spiral, they think they will get away with everything anyway.
    I know this won't be a popular post, but i bet half of you reading it agree in silence.
    And no i'm not better than you i kept supporting them for too long as well, but with CS or support basically non-existent and content not really exciting as it used to be, i would certainly have reached the limit here.
  13. Diptera Augur

I've cancelled accounts, and given feedback on the "exit survey" - if they fix the server and revert the Fling/Fade changes, then they'll get my money again.
    Motherlee likes this.
  14. Kolbayn Journeyman

and disconnected again/sigh

Most of us left playing on AB have invested a lot of time/money and have good friends still playing so giving it up is not an option we really want to use atm. Apart from that I still have 8 months left of my current sub.
    If there were any games comparable to EQ I would play them but , having tried WoW , EQ2 , Rift , H1Z1 , Elder Scrolls online and many others now closed , nothing comes close to EQ for me - all these other games are beautiful graphics and no gameplay
  15. cadres Augur

What does it take to get a response?
    Do people have to start suing?
    People arrange their work/social life to attend raids, group with friends etc - and then they can't. If I was paying for a theatre ticket and the event didn't go as planned, they'd give me my money back? Why is EQ any different?
    I moved my shifts to enable me to be able to raid tonight. I have paid my subs to be able to raid tonight. Will server stability let me raid tonight?
    And if not, how much of a refund can I expect?
    (and for the last fortnight too please)
    Motherlee likes this.
  16. Tyraxor Augur

It's because people are sticking together in the mess...
    you wouldn't even have to look far for other games (thou there are others, like Path of Exile which has a LOT of depth and a caring team), the now accepted P99 and several other inoffical servers give a far better experience by now than trying to farm weekly on AB.
    But people are stuck in their habits, dbg know this and so they get away with this kind of service.
    In the end, the customer is responsible because a company can only go as far as their paying customers allow them to. The guild system is doing this no favors, those leaders would have to make plans moving the guild somewhere else & find something better for "their people", which obviously is not happening as they are even more stuck in their ways.
  17. Dhargor New Member

Another reason is, that I've paid for one year (before the DB-Deal) and didn't expect this dramatic loss of quality. Maybe it's naive. But I expect something in return for my money.
    Problems can occur. That's life. But communication is the key.

I don't expect atm, that anyone on AB will buy an expansion or will continue to subscribe without some measurable improvement (and compensation).
  18. Kasimirr New Member

And down again, for real if you don't want us to play the game why not just shut it down right away?
    Motherlee likes this.
  19. Mr_Shadow Journeyman

Seriously DayBreak, this is not going to help what I think is already a strained economic situation for you.
    Motherlee likes this.
  20. Mizar Lorekeeper

Ok, this is turning grotesque for too long ...20 minutes into raid and mass disconn AGAIN, Sunday raids cancelled, Monday raids couldn't even finish 1 script before the first raid disconnect

... anyone in the office care to clarify:

A- We are still looking into it
    B- We can't fix AB
    C- We are considering closing AB (in such a case will server merge / free move overseas considered)

As it is atm AB is UNPLAYABLE. Just face it and tell us what is it all about so we little euros can at least know what your stance is. If the money DB gets from us is not worth at least say it aloud, we close our subs and move away
    Imrahil and Motherlee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.