AAXPs if you deding?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LordJump, Dec 13, 2012.

1. LordJump Journeyman

So, I just barely made lvl 100 and spent my banked AAXPs on CS/CA and then got my behind chewed up on that days raid (I wasnt surprised as Im a warrior and only had a 2% buffer). However, I noticed that I really started taking much worse damage than normal after the deding, MUCH worse.

Is something going on with CS/CA that I may have bugged? It almost seems that since I trained the lvl 100 ones and dedinged to 99 that the entire line may have been inactivated or something, instead of just reverting to the prior rank, IDK.

Anyone know whats up or did I just have an unlucky couple of days with the RNG? For reference, I unwittingly had AAXP set to 100% so I didnt immediately get back to lvl 100 and I could see the difference in the grouping as well.
  2. Darl Journeyman

Thats exactly what happened, you dont have CA 1, 2, 3,4,5 .......CA 45(or whatever level it is now) you have only CA 45, and with it being required level 100, when you lost it, you had no CA/CS. Once you re-ding 100 it will be fine.
  3. Hatsee Augur

Deding? Really?
    Nolrog likes this.
  4. Gladare Augur

I R baboon
  5. Gearz Journeyman

You guys really dont have anything better to do with your time then to pick on people for using game lingo? You could at least try to answer his question if you are going to pick on him.
  6. Hatsee Augur

Deding is not lingo in any game I have ever played.
    Vouivre likes this.
  7. Sebbina Augur

Okay, I am officially making -deding- a term to mean losing ones ding, similar to unding or delevel - or lose a level for those that prefer simple.
  8. Gladare Augur

Feel free to sound like a window licker. I R 2 :cool: 4 txt speak also.
    Vouivre likes this.
  9. Zugbuzz Journeyman

After I ding 100, I will get some buffer first so I don't lose the level when (not if) I die and get a rez. After that I will run 20-50% to AA until I have something like a yellow into the level then go 90% into AA and let it slowly build up till i'm maxed out on normal XP
    Neodraykl likes this.
  10. Hatsee Augur

If you raid, and are a tank, especially a tank, you want at least 20-40% into your level.

If you can't accomplish that then never consider buying a new rank of an aa line you may lose when you delevel.
  11. Neodraykl Elder

We plan on getting you killed waaaaay more than 20%-40% Zug.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Ooooh, you meant 'Gnid'ding., I thought it was just a malspelling of 'deading'

('malspelling' isn't in Firefox dictionary?)
  13. LordJump Journeyman

Thanks Darl. I releveled and the problem went away, as expected. I have a good experience path in place, I just didnt expect to stay under lvl 100 and certainly thought CS/CA would revert back to the last rank, should I lose a level.

It was probably designed this way to prevent people from leveling to buy AAXPs, then deleveling to grind new ones.
  14. yaddab Augur

Exactly Lordjump, well and also way back in the time machine to stop PvPs de leveling and then griefing other players. With AAs you lose the whole AA until you get the level back, it is not like spells where you can revert a rank, they historically have never worked that way.

ohh and grats on the Re-ding !
  15. Zugbuzz Journeyman

Yes, if you are a tank in a raiding guild led by sociopaths with a fetish for killing Trolls, you will want to keep your XP buffer very high :eek:
  16. Leighah Journeyman

Wait, you mean... we were NOT supposed to kill our tanky trolls?? That is absolutely one of the things I miss the most since leaving Bristlebane!!

I still want a title or suffix "Troll Slayer", too bad PCs don't count for that achievement.

Neo- if you need any pointers on how to kill Zug, I am something of an expert, and I can provide some tips and ideas.
  17. Hatsee Augur

With a name like Lord Jump I was thinking he was a Froglok.