AA's don't go over 70?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Uxtalzon, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Uxtalzon Augur

Took me a while to realize that level 95+ players even had a 70 AA cap limit, which isn't indicated anywhere in the game.

I never knew that AAs stopped at 70, too. I know that in the past if you went over 30, you had to spend them or lose any excess beyond 30 after you zone, and you'd get a warning, too. But now, if you hit 70, you get no warning, and no notification, so you'd simply lose any beyond 70? What gives?

EDIT: A GM returned AA to me. I am very grateful to them, and I'd name them if I weren't so iffy on forum policies and such. When it comes to my character, they're always spot on and fast.
  2. yodo Augur

Why do you need more than 30 banked aa?
  3. boukk_sebilis Augur

You were never able to get over 30aa limit with normal xp bar special task that you rewarded AA overcap (like conv raid reward).
  4. Mykaylla Augur

Only if you got a whole lot of AAs at once. Sub-91, when the cap is still 30, if you ping 30 AAs banked, and you keep XPing, and staying on AA, you won't go over 30. Any AAXP you earn will go to your real XP, until you reach cap, then all XP will be lost no matter how you divide it. Once you have VoA and are 91, you can bank 50AAs, then with RoF, you can bank 70, but you won't incrementally gain AA and keep banking up over 30/50/70- only if you get a reward that gives you a chunk of AA at once.
  5. Polleiden New Member

Regarding your point of AA exp going to waste if you're at the cap, yes, that's how it works. Just spend them earlier.
    And you do get a warning, at least I know I do. Whenever I'm at the cap and kill stuff, it gives a message that I have to spend some AA's before being able to gain any more. The way this works is perfectly fine.

I'm going to speculate here on what happened to you. You were near or at the banked AA exp cap. You then claimed one or more task rewards that have AA exp points amongst the reward. You did not receive any message of this exp going to waste because you were at the cap.

That's how task reward exp works in RoF. They do not give the exp gaining messages like killing mobs does.

Solution: when you claim task rewards for exp, make sure you're not near or at the cap.

If this isn't what you mean, then I have no clue what you are talking about.
  6. Uxtalzon Augur

Guess I should give more detail.

I was claiming AA rewards from collections and it stayed at 70. Never gave any warning, so I didn't know until I actually saw 70 AA and felt my heart go up and down my throat. Why wouldn't it give a warning, though? Kill a mob that gives 3% AA and it would, but claim 10 AAs and it won't? Blarg!

Yodo, I spend a bunch of AA at once because I can actually feel a notable difference in my character that way. I don't that with the necessary AA, but things like tradeskill masteries, salvage, packrat, etc.
  7. Talif Augur

Because you get lazy during a lesson burn and don't want to bother spending any until the end? Because you are over 6000AA and are buying minimally incremental AAs and don't want to be bothered deciding which of the .01% increases you're going to buy until you notice you're getting close to the cap?
  8. Gladare Augur

I was exuberant when the aa cap changed from 30 to 50 in VoA (I was using the banked aa charm). Because of this, when RoF came out, I took the extra effort to find out if the cap was increased again or not. I definitely didn't get to 45aa and then decide to claim a 10aa reward.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The RoF rewards are set up very different than previous AA task rewards. The RoF task & achievement awards are the only ones that will not award over the cap. Old tasks/quests that give rewards of AAs will; as will AA refunds

Also, you no longer lose the AAs you have that are over the cap upon zoning.
  10. Tegila Augur

i like taht aa is capped, no need to swap or have soemoen else swap that you're hleping, set to 100% aa then when that fills up extra goes to regular until there's a ding and new stuff to buy blah blah. I do hate how the RoF rewards have seemingly cheated many including myself out of various xp at different points in time due to bugs earlier in expac (presumably fixed but now im max/max i cant really test)

there isnt an issue though since you are claiming rewards , it's your fault if you go over not soe's, you can store 10tasks forever and claim at will, and once you hit 11 it will give you the warning you're htinkingabout, so in theory you can store 170aas, jsut gotta learn how to spend them before you claim some of the 100 in your reward window