AA with Mana Regeneration

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bewts, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Bewts Augur

TLP here, but figure maybe the Vets have a better grasp on this as we're still limited with items that give us AA for their buffs.

Lunar Whispers is on 5 known items in public databases (ie Lucy). Two of those items are in Luclin:
    Twilight Shroud
    Talisman of the Burrower

Clicking the item gives you an AA in the General Tab as follows:
    Item: Lunar Whispers 1 / 29
    This passive ability increases your mana regeneration by 2.

Based on having Mental Clarity 3 and removing all worn flowing thought items I have 6 Mana Regeneration while standing after clicking the Shroud:
    1 Base
    3 Mental Clarity
    2 Lunar Whispers

I have three questions regarding this going forward:
    1. If obtain the Talisman of the Burrower, will my standing Mana Regen increase to 8?
    2. If I obtain Shawl of Awakenings (clicky effect that gives 2/29 to Item: Koadics Heightened Focus or +5 mana regen), do the two AA lines stack (Koadics and Lunar) to give me +7 mana regen?
    3. If I have both Lunar and the Koadics, would I be able to get an extra 9 mana regen over the worn FT cap?
  2. Heile Lorekeeper

1. Well from my understanding of the three questions, if you already have lunar whispers (clicky aa mana regen), obtaining the talisman of the burrower will not make the mana regen go to 8, it will stay at 6 since you already have lunar whispers in your passive aa.

2. When obtaining the shawl of awakenings that 5 mana regen will negate the 2 mana regen and give you the higher mana regen buff. Which in this case 5 mana regen > 2 mana regen. So you would gain only 3 mana regen overall.

3. Same as 2 only higher mana regen click works.

There's only 4 ways you can stack mana regen. Worn items (with mana regen on the item itself), self buff (lunar whispers, koadics heightened, etc.), innate aa's ( mental clarity aa's in archetype tab) and normal buffs (clarity, etc.) And these questions are only self buff questions so only the higher mana regen would take effect. I don't know if i answered your questions the way you wanted but i tried.
    Bewts likes this.
  3. Bewts Augur

You did, exactly what we were trying to figure out last night.

Your answer was our best guess - that obtaining the shawl would replace the 2 with a 5 in the AA options (Quarm's would increase it from 5 to 8).

These are not additive items, so only the largest one fills the AA (which seems counter-intuitive because it shows X of 29 obtained).