AA unlocking question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by f2pyourway, Dec 9, 2018.

1. f2pyourway New Member

Hi returning player here. My main toon is lv 75, silver account, with 1000/1000 AA's. Also have 250 unspent AA. I'm planning to level up around 100 and subscribe for a month, spend extra aa's and grind more out.

Also have 2100 daybreak cash on account.

Will AA unlockers be any good after subscribing or do the unlockers only add on to the base 1000 cap. I'll just spend the cash now on unlockers if it goes by the 1000 cap only.
  2. S33k3r Augur

If I remember correctly it will increase you cap by 100 so it will become 1100.

If you plan to go All-Access and autogrant + grind AAs then the unlock does not have any value.
    moogs likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

AA unlockers are only good for F2P or Silver. One shot - 100 AA over your current cap be it 250/F2P or 1000/Silver. If you go gold/paid there is no refund and no use for the unlocker but you will retain it if you revert to free/silver.

Now assuming you buy more than one - like if you bought 8 of the unlockers that would give you 800 extra AA for 8x$2.50 = $20.00 or all your db cash. Poof gone. For less than that you can subscribe for one month at $17 or less and get auto grant which will give you all AA to whatever level you are at.

In your shoes - which many of my alts are - I play them up to 80 ish free then go paid a month and auto grant. I really don't see a need for AA making that huge of a difference below 80 ish. A merc has more benefit to you than the AA at that point. I think at level 100 is waiting too long to go auto grant for a month. Those good AA start around 80 - about the same time the mercs become less effective.

Bottom line look up your class and see what AA you cannot live without right now and see if that helps you decide.
  4. f2pyourway New Member

Ahh ok guess I'll hold on to the db cash till I see a must buy. Tyty
  5. Zamiam Augur

also if you plan to sub for a month and hit autogrant dont spend any of your banked aa's till you autogrant otherwise your just throwing aa's away that would be autogranted anyways..
    its best if you go all regular xp sense autogrant gives you all your aa's needed up thru lvl 100 CoTF iirc.. once past 100 then spend your aa's that you have banked..
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Auto-grant is expansion based not level. AAs from Shadows of Luclin to The Darkened Sea are currently auto-granted. So if you see a lower level AA from The Broken Mirror, Empires of Kunark, Ring of Scale, or The Burning Lands, then you can buy those without hesitation (at least till next year).
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Technically, it's both.

Good explanation, though. As an example, here's what I did this week. I subbed Monday, and cashed in about 500AA I had pending. I didn't spend any on ranks that were set to be auto-granted from TDS. I spent the 500 elsewhere. When Tuesday came around, I got another ~620 AAs auto-granted, which were ranks of TDS AAs which I hadn't previously purchased. Now, if I had spent the 500 AAs on Monday on TDS AAs, then Tuesday, I'd have gotten ~120 auto-granted, and I'd be 500 AAs behind where I am right now.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Yeah, I am mostly just trying to make sure people understand that their are AA lines that start sub-100 but are not auto-granted yet because they are part of newer expansions like TBM, EoK, RoS, or TBL. A lot of people get confused on that when people talk in generalities about the auto-grant feature.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I also think any AAs that get "revamped" (merged or modified by devs) are no longer included in the autogrant even if they were originally part of an expansion that is included in the autogrant. This may vary by AA. Basically, the only thing that is consistent is the inconsistency. :)