Aa quick question about the new expansion:

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vizier, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Vizier Augur

Now that the game is live, is it the same formula of giving us crap exp for killing mobs in the wild as it has been for the past few years? Simple yes or no is fine, thanks yall.
  2. Conq Augur

Yes. You are rewarded exponentially for doing progression.
    Conq
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Vizier like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes. Still gotta do the achievements to level, but without the additional missions, you'll still be left way short of 125 after doing everything. You'll need to do Overseer and collecitons to make up for it.

Though I will say that xp per kill to be fractionally better, but I'm pretty sure that has a lot to do with the fact that there are basically no blue con mobs at 121 and very few even con. Most of what you're killing is yellow or red to start with.
    Vizier likes this.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

If by way short you mean you end up at level 124 1/2 like we did in ToL then yes, way short.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Vizier like this.
  5. KarmaKitty Augur

In many ways copy, paste and adjust. At least we get new zones and artwork.
    No surprise, they continued with tiny grind XP and major quest/mission xp.
    Kinda surprised it is not enough to cover 125. Just remember to do /over as well.
    Should be easy to cover a 1/2 level difference with /over.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

If my math is right (no promises!), getting all the achievements for LS that give an xp reward...which includes the 2 missions AND doing ALL the collects gets you to roughly 123 and 3/4ths. That's if you're starting at 120.99 and not counting any OS rewards. If we had the other 2 missions, it would probably get you to around half way thru 124.

Now, my toons are all set to 100% AA, so I'm unsure about how much xp is awarded from doing the merc and partisan tasks themselves, if there's any at all.
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

100% exp got me to 124 1/2 at the end of progression. You are gaining more than just ach through the whole thing, you can't just math those together.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Ridiculously easy.

All my XP post-110 has been Overseer. If you've got max level quests, it's not hard at all to do 10% of a level per day. That's 41 days to go from N.999 to N+5.001, and that's if you're not getting ANY XP from anything else.

41 days out of 730 (the time between level-raise expacs) is not too bad at all.
  9. Gialana Augur

The mercenary tasks that are kill 10 mobs have been roughly 2% total in a full group with 1 or 2 slots filled by mercenaries. That was a little more than 0.07% per npc kill and about 1.3% for the mercenary quest reward.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

My guildmates and I, since some of us box multiple toons, have been doing everything in raids so we can get everyone done at once without having to do whole tasks over for just one or two toons. The only time that doesn't work is if the partisan task is a group task...the solo tasks work just fine in raids with regards to drops and kills.

So, even if I was paying attention to the xp, we wouldn't have been getting very much anyway with the raid. :D
    Gialana and Tatanka like this.
  11. Roxas MM Augur

i clicked one of the xp potions i got when buying the new expansion and was getting 0.2% per kill solo at lvl 124. tbh i thought that was a bit much, it would only take me 500 kills to get the full level. 1 kill took me like 3 minutes, so 20 kills in an hour, so 25 hours for the full level ? i really feel that's actually pretty fast, but hey, maybe it's me.
    what do you think would be a fair amount of xp per kill to get ?
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Doing it that way seems to have cost you about an entire level's worth of XP.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

There weren't really that many mobs to kill since you kill one and get drops for everyone on the task, at least on most of the ones we've done. I can't imagine the few dozen mobs we've killed would have given anyone a full level.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Except that everyone else got an entire level more from doing it than you did.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

And none of it matters anymore since all my guys are 125.
  16. Brickhaus Augur

As Gialana has mentioned...

...the merc quests GIVE xp in this expansion. Pile on the merc quests as you do progression, repeating if able. It all adds up.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Shhhh...

Don't let them know they finally made merc tasks useful again or else they'll nerf them.
    Nennius likes this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Would be funnier if it weren't so close to the mark.
  19. Brickhaus Augur

Trust me. The people who like to narc have already had discord conversations (because there are no other kind evidently) with the devs the minute the expansion went live. It will end. It's just a matter of when. So enjoy it while it lasts.

This is why we don't keep nice things.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.