AA IRC

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ~Mills~, Aug 21, 2015.

1. ~Mills~ Augur

Will there ever be an AA IRC again? Or inny willing a spell irc?
  2. Dre. Altoholic

You know what would be cool? If these kind of things could be discussed on the forums over a period of months by the class community as a whole, given proper time to digest and players to respond to devs.

Rather than crammed into a couple hours where many aren't able to attend, and decisions are made as the result of feedback from an extremely small group of people who may or may not represent the class community being discussed, or present themselves as.

Every year there are many, many ideas that player community supports and are passionate about that go ignored. Yet, some random idiot can throw out a silly suggestion that hasn't been vetted by the community in an IRC and everyone stands agape when it gets implemented.
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Are you referring to the Gut Punch change? Because it feels strongly implied.
    Brohg likes this.
  4. Dre. Altoholic

That's a good example but my statement was generic. There are many ideas. Good ideas. Bad ideas. Popular ideas. Unpopular ideas. At the end of the day, it's not a random player who takes a bad or unpopular idea and puts it into code.
  5. Action-MNK Journeyman

Instead of IRC chats for AAs they could save everyone a lot of time by opening a thread in every class forum that says "No."
  6. Zarakii Augur

thats a given answer to only some classes /wink
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Do you really think we're getting much of anything in the way of aa in the campaign? I fully expect next to nothing in the way of aa. I'm hoping (but not holding my breath) that we'll at least get all the spells from the level 101-105 range that got "discontinued" for no discernable reason.
  8. Crystilla Augur

Dre,

Every player who reads the forums has always had at least a month to add their thoughts on the forums prior to any AA chats that Elidroth had hold. So the fact that very few might attend the actual chats doesn't mean feedback didn't have a chance to be given or heard.
  9. FixShamanPlease Elder

IRCs are complete waste of time. You can ask whatever you want, devs are trapped. They can add some passive AA boosting some disc/spell or add new ranks of passive. The main problem are the activated AA. There have to regroup old ones but they cant do it without ressources, stacking issue etc. So don't bother.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Iila Augur

AA IRC is great for finding out that 70% of the good ideas for your class that you've been collecting from the community for a year are completely off the table in the first 5 minutes.
    Mintalie, Silv, Winnowyl and 4 others like this.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

And in the 5 minutes after that you discover that those ideas will instead be given to a different class which did not even ask for them instead.
  12. Vlerg Augur

I just like the part where they ask wizard what kind of AA would they like , then specify damage-related AAs are off the table.

but hey, we got identify that way!
    Iila likes this.
  13. Zaknaffein Augur

I play a Warrior, Bard and Druid but was only able to attend the Bard IRC chat. Wish I could have been in on the warrior one so i could have voiced my opinion on a few things.

The person who complained about gut punch waking mezzed mobs...... so the dev took the damage portion off of gut punch... BRILLIANT... fml..
  14. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Brilliant is going from live interaction where you or at least a few people for your class can live interact with a dev to have a real impact on what goes in or changes to whats in game. Instead of all the ideas and posts that are put up here and that then fall into the void of nothing most times.

IRC please
  15. Voth Elder

Drink every time Elidroth says no.
    Finish your glass every time Elidroth says maybe.
    Bring out the keg every time you get something useful.
  16. Iila Augur

How to kill yourself through alcohol poisoning.txt
    Mintalie, Spellfire, Voth and 3 others like this.
  17. Voth Elder

How anyone has survived these chats so far I may never know.
  18. Iila Augur

To be fair, some people asked for some REALLY stupid things. And the unorganized chats kept asking for the same thing over and over with different people because none of them bothered to read what was already asked.
    Sheex and Mintalie like this.
  19. Mayfaire Augur

What? I personally thought asking for a warrior-only 1HS that procs laser beams shooting out of our eyes while playing "We Are the Champions" was perfectly legit. :cool:
    Iila and Mintalie like this.
  20. Mintalie Augur

Ain't that the truth!!!