AA IRC Chat logs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Riou, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Riou EQResource

So far the ones done:

Warrior: http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=116883

Shadow Knight: http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=116884

Paladin: http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=116885

Ranger: http://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=116886

The rest will be in the Class Section like these (may take up to the day after), today (and the rest) are of course on our EQ Events Calendar. You can set the timezone to your local one to get it in your local time (in settings on the Calendar) to know when they are!
    Elricvonclief and wingz-83 like this.
  2. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Is there a good Mobil irc (freeish) since I'll be at work ...
  3. Riou EQResource

Tadenea the Ranger CRT posted up this one in a few places, I'm not sure if it would work at your work place though, can try: http://mibbit.com/?channel=#EQAAChat&server=irc.stratics.com

If you're allowed to use your phone, I believe there are IRC clients for iOS and probably Android too, though they might be more of a pain to follow/participate hehe
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Yea I don't work in an office I'm out in the field. ios7 trying irchon. Doesn't seem to want to connect
  5. Goth Augur

now just need a shortened version lol
  6. Riou EQResource

Sorry, they are 2 hours long :D
  7. Riou EQResource

8. Crystilla Augur

Thanks Riou :)
    Riou likes this.
  9. Maeryn Augur

Elidroth - To be clear, aggro generation is something we're looking at very carefully right now.. we're not fans of allowing players to completely lock down an npc

Warrior Highlights/Summary after a - is Elidroth >>paraphrase<<

3rd rank of Imperators Command and Imperators Charge? - Ok
    range increase on our hate discs - I could see extending it a little bit

Hastened AA - maybe, post list
    Mark of the Mage Hunter, Flash of Anger, Warlord's Fury, Blast of Anger, Rage of the Forsaken, Ridicule, Stormwheel Blades, Roar of Challenge, Furious, No Time to Bleed, Brace for Impact, Rampage, Warrior's Auspice, Warlord's Tenacity, Rage of Rallos Zek, Harassing Shout, Imperator's Charge, Imperator's Command, War Stomp, Gut Punch, Grappling Strike, War Cry, Area Taunt - I'll look at those

Hastened Projection of Fury - No
    Hastened Press the Attack, Grapping Strike, Ageless Enmity - Yes
    Extended Last Stand - No

Extended Mark of the Mage Hunter, Field Outfitter, Imperator's Charge, Imperator's Command, Warlord's Tenacity, Rage of Rallos, Warrior's Auspice - look into it

Could the War Stomp just be tied in with the Hastened Leap - No
    can we remove the dot on gut punch? - Ok
    Rage of the Forsaken seems broken - I'll fix the messaging, it's possible bug fix didn't make patch
    can we get an Ae version of Wardlord Grasp. on same timer? - No

Extension AA Flash of Anger, extend bazu and scowl for 1 tick, Champion's Aura changed to AA, endurance regen, improve healing received from DI, hastened/extended DPS discs, Warrior's Auspice improvement, Decreases resist chance of hate-based abilities - talk to Aristo

Stances used 2h and Defensive - I know DW needs some improvement
    Elidroth - problem w/ block/shield block is not ability.. it's way NPCs tuned, working on it
    Elidroth - Fixed the dual wield proficiency, you'll properly take less damage after Sept patch
    Elidroth - looking into swapping block for shield block so that might improve it
    2 hand and duel wield special attacks with a quick refresh? - working with code to do that

separate gravitate ability? - No
    Can the level cap be removed from Warlord's Grasp? - cap being increased, little more hate
    upgrade to Defensive Proficiency AA? - No
    AA to purify ourself - No
    upgrade imperator's charge - look into it, no huge changes
    Archetype AA Concentration work on AA abilities? - No, I can look at adding some channeling skill might not work for War

any possible AA to get endurance - not likely
    Would you be open to improving Blade Guardian? - yes, haven't figured out how
    better endurance regen? - Endurance is remaining a valuable resource
    AA that casts a rune on Target´s Target - No
    ability to make an 'invisible wall'? - No

small amounts of passive resists to things like snare, mez, charm, blind, etc? - Maybe
    resist vs forced movement effects like knock back, gravity flux, or fling - in my notes, have to create and test, like the idea

Howl of the Warlord made instant cast? - drop by 1/2 w/ Quickened, I can shorten the base spell too
    Indoor mount - zone determines mount, AA can't suppress that
    knock off balance attk and ac debuff on target - look into that
    tack on a small snare to Knee Strike? - consider that
    AE Stun on Death - death procs don't work well

hundred hands effect added to recourse or something - not likely
    hold your ground, self root - not possible
    overheals to form a rune - not possible
    more Tactical Mastery - no point
    better bandaging - possible, talk to Chandrok about better bandages
    spell reflect ability - not likely

(Largely) Orphaned Questions
    How about an aa Forceful Attraction ?
    id like aa that makes clicky spells a AA spell
    Possible to ask for a flash of anger upgrade when you speak to Aristo?
    warlord's grasp could just be split into 2 parts?

Is there any way (with dual) to give a co-efficient like for every AC the warrior has you get .50 ATK or something, gaining 2500- or so atk based AC could be the boost they are looking for and seems manageable if it's and IF statement, grant .5ATK if AC=1 or whatever.

Duration Extensions to Warrior activated heal boosting AAs, Hold the Line and Resplendent Glory?
    Armor of Runes upgrades or changes
    Increase archery damage
  10. Riou EQResource

11. Riou EQResource

12. Riou EQResource

13. Nedrom Augur

Monk logs?
  14. Crystilla Augur

Monks and the other pure melee are today.
  15. Riou EQResource

Monks are today at 10 am Pacific (about 3 hours from this post)
  16. Nedrom Augur

17. Riou EQResource

18. Noirfu Augur

In the monk chat, Elidroth revealed that the target DPS increase for the expansion is something around 15%.

I've never been in the "mudflation is bad" camp and my main motivation in playing EQ is improving the abilities of my characters. For most of those, the key metric is DPS so this expansion cycle seems like it might be a good year to skip playing.
  19. Riou EQResource

20. Abazzagorath Augur

Uh, 15% is a lot of dps the way game mechanics work in this game. Depending on your raid set up its like adding 6-8 more pure dps classes on top of your current 54 person raid. In a group its like adding another group member.