AA Gifting

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morningdew, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morningdew Lorekeeper

If you want to show your displeasure about the AA gifting, then cancel your recurring account like I did. Maybe if Sony sees that the number loyal players that are willing to quit playing due to the gifting than the 1 month increase of people going from silver to gold (and a few that will go more than 1 month because they will not pay attention to recurring subscription) then MAYBE they will reconsider AA gifting.

Thanks,
    Soon to be former EQ player Morningdew
    silku likes this.
  2. Tearsin Rain Augur

and i will show my approval of it by continuing to play and enjoy EQ now and for years to come, and recommending it to friends that i might have otherwise thought wouldn't have enjoyed it.

thanks,
    always to be current EQ player.
    Sinestra, Pirlo, Tarvas and 2 others like this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I thought a bunch of 30+ year old people play this game. I'm seeing a bunch of kids from the generation of no spankings and every kid gets a trophy posting since last night...
    Edrick and Iila like this.
  4. Treesong Elder

I am considering to go gold with my 3 silver boxes because of this change......
    I can see a lot more people coming back to the game also.

Also, ibtl.
    Sinestra, silku and Pirlo like this.
  5. moogs Augur

Feedback belongs in the feedback thread.
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

People buying Krono to give to some yutz causing server problems PLing = OK!

Giving people a lot of old AAs that will help them get caught up to the current population so they can play in groups as intended, rather than have their merc PL them slowly = Horrible!

Wait, what???
  7. Tearsin Rain Augur

basically the principle at work here is like this:
    they are arguing that 15 years ago, they started at a position in a company making 10 dollars an hour.
    as the company grew, they continued working the same position and pulling a paycheck, getting regular raises along with everyone else in the company.
    after 15 years, the position is now worth 20 dollars an hour.
    when the company decides to hire a 2nd person for that position, they start the new hire out at 15 dollars an hour - the company has grown and times have changed, and that is a reasonable salary for the position.

what is happening right now is people are losing their minds over the fact that the new guy isn't making the same low wage that they made 15 years ago when they started out.
    every single objection to this idea (excepting those who just want an opt-out so they can grind at their own pace, which is a totally valid argument that i fully support having a work-around for) is based 100% on absolutely nothing but jealously, spite, pride, and pettiness.

it's one of the most grotesque displays of pure avarice i've seen in quite some time.
    Sinestra, Tarvas and moogs like this.
  8. Morningdew Lorekeeper

If you want to do a work comparison it is more like both people get $20 an hour but 1 person works 40 hours a week and the other works 10 hours a week but they both get paid $800 a week. But we live in the age of entitlement now where people expect everything to be handed to them and don't feel that they should have to work hard for anything.

And Sony saying this is so returning players can catch up to current players is crap. This is totally about them trying to get silver accounts upgraded to gold accounts and this is the easiest solution that they could come up with. And the majority of existing players that think this is a great idea are those with multiple char/accounts that don't want to take the effort to get the AA's.
  9. Tearsin Rain Augur

no, it isn't.
    i could sit here and take the time to explain the difference to you, and detail why getting somewhere around half of the available AAs being automatically granted is nothing remotely like the pure idiocy that you're spewing about this, but your every post on this subject is based on wildly emotional knee-jerking so it's rather a futile effort.

i get that your responses to this subject all revolve around what is effectively frothing nerd-rage so i don't expect you to make any sense, and on a certain level i actually accept that you're entitled to your opinion and can feel any way you want about this, but the way in which you continue to act like your view point is anything except the intellectual equivalent of having a really heavy bad period kind of makes you look ridiculous.

no it isn't.

and if it is? so what?
    i don't know how i could possibly make this simpler for you people to wrap your heads arounds: more players is a good thing. more paying customers is a good thing. more things that get more paying customers who play is a good thing.

i think this is also completely wrong. i fully support this change and it has nothing to do with any other characters, and everything to do with my love of EQ and my excitement at the idea of things which make it more accessible (without changing its content) and thus have more players.
    Sinestra and Qest T. Silverclaw like this.
  10. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

I have more than 8000 AAs and I don't multi-box. I approve of these changes.
  11. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Bottom line, there is no game to be had pre-90. You and people of your persuasion believe that people should just get a tank merc or buy PL services so they can get to a point of actually playing with people. It is utterly ridiculous. How many new players have you met that have stuck it out? I can't name any that didn't have everything basically handed to them on silver platter by their friends.
  12. kenmei Augur

IF they reimburse AA granted to those who spent AA on the same...
    then I don't see too much of a problem.(well I see the argument, but it can be won on either side)
    Otherwise, it's a kick in the gut of those who actually took the time and effort to grind these AAs out.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I have every AA in this game. I have thousands of AAs on a multitude of toons. I feel no kick in the gut that someone else getting a leg up.
    moogs likes this.
  14. Goth Augur

back in my day people were poor and trophies were made in america. so you had to earn your dang trophy.. now every kid gets a Chinese made PoS plastic trophy and they are all winners.

back in my day i would get beat with anything in hand or near by. now a days you can ever raise your voice at your kids in public without people looking at you.
  15. Goth Augur

13000+ here i could care less if everyone got free AA. perhaps the rest of the people that get to level 100 will now have more than 1000 AA.

wonder what guilds are going to do with there AA requirements? or do they still require "X" amount of AA these days?
  16. SOE-MOD-02 Augur

Please keep the discussion in the main thread. Thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.