AA DINGS (WANT BOTH TYPES)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Girlfriend, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Girlfriend Lorekeeper

I'm done with AAs and have been for a long time.

I would like to BRAG about AA marks when I pass how many I have spent, though. I am closing in on 18,000. I know there are others out there with way more than that.

I'd like a DING for spent AAs, not just earned.

So ... I .. Can...

BRAG.
    :)
  2. Axxius Augur

...until you realize that 18k AA is hardly brag-worthy these days. :p

Here's Magelo ranking for Total AA. That list doesn't include those who prefer not to advertise their AA numbers (and the methods used in achieving them). But there are characters with much more AA out there. ;)
    gnomeboss and SaderakhBertox like this.
  3. Brohg Augur

Sigh, the top one selecting for my E.Marr server is a clearly-exploiting monk.
  4. Coruth Augur

It would be fun that "earned" mark went up whenever you earned one, even if you dont glyph to reduce your total.

All the current totals tell you is who use glyphes or not
  5. Sebbina Augur

If this is your biggest problem, or even just one of your top 10, you have a sweet life, congrats.
  6. gnomeboss Augur

i'm so happy Axxius pointed out the TAA filter. i had no idea that existed! i always competed with my archnemesis(i) through total aa and once magelo stopped listing them on the normal character view, i was disheartened. now i can go back to gloating in private. woot.
  7. Nolrog Augur

Isn't there an achievement?
  8. Agrippa Augur

Achievements stop once you reach cap, including glyphs. I think the OP is hoping they'd add achievements for AA spent, not just for the AA assigned.
  9. Harmonae Journeyman

I'm all for whatever makes people happy. But what I'd really like is the AA ding sound itself to get turned down in volume a bit; it's much louder than other EQ sounds.
  10. Noirfu Augur

In my opinion, spent is gone and might as well not be shown at all. I've spent the last 10 years seeing "you can no longer gain experience" messages on several characters. I'm glad I don't have OCD and feel compelled to "spend" all of those on glyphs when not needed.
  11. IDotPeople Augur

I could really care less about AA spent achievements, unless one unlocked faster recast times on glyphs. I literally cannot spend my AAs fast enough when I really get going to NOT waste AA experience. Yes I know about indeterminate reward, but burning just to burnem seems sillier still....
  12. Girlfriend Lorekeeper

YES ! hehe

The dings, even of coins, can cause a ruckus. Back in the olden days, when there was no offline trading, I had an offline trader running in the background. Which I had forgotten about....

In the dead quiet of morning, I was reading the news online, drinking a cup of coffee.

BA-DING-DING-DING!

Coffee everywhere! Me cussing WTF! WTF! WTF! WTF ! Eyes bulging out of my head!

Some kind soul had purchased an item from my trader. hehe

Ding control is needed. Definitely. Definitely. ;)
  13. Mykaylla Augur

One of the problems is, the achievements have to be done *by* someone- they don't just automatically populate themselves infinitely, and the number of AAs spent has no theoretical limit.

I still wish the beta NPC looked at AAs assigned and not spent for granting AAs- it's there so you can test new things right away without having to take time to grind them out on beta, but if your pre-existing spent amount is above his limit of "how many AAs you need to max out the new stuff for testing," you can't use it.