AA Combat stability bugged ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phrein, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Phrein New Member

Hi,

Since some weeks i find something weird : The AC given by item was lesser than expected.
    After investigation the problem don't come from item but apparently from AA Combat stability.
    For example : a Bracer with 30 in AC give 30+ in AC to a character without AA Combat stability (normal) but the same item on a character with 11 in AA Combat stability give only 13 in AC and that for all item with AC the AC "earned" is less than expected.
    I am alone to see this problem ?
    Perhaps it's coming from how the AC is calculated , like above 500 in AC the items give less ac or something like that i don't know.
    For you it's normal or there is a bug ?
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think that is the case, there is a rather low softcap on AC(combat stability raises the softcap), so if you put that bracer on your 2 chars(after undressing them), both will go up 30 AC. Your character with combat stability 11 is likely above the softcap already.

Fwiw, when I maxed combat stability, my AC did increase, without changing any items.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

It's not a bug. There's a ridiculously in-depth explanation by Dzarn of how your displayed AC values are calculated here, see posts #9 and #10.
  4. svann Augur

Ah, now thats interesting. Good to know that the ac gain on your character sheet is Real ac and not further complicated by hidden reductions.
  5. Phrein New Member

Thx all for your reply.
    I read the post on soft cap AC and ac multiplier after (depend on your class) etc ...
    Very interesting (i don't understand all how it's calculed hehe :) but enough to understand there is no bug.
    Thx again to all
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.